The Sr. Analyst of Credit Services position is responsible for regular reporting to ensure management has information needed to make informed business decisions. Important financial trends will be identified quickly and appropriate strategies will be developed/implemented to ensure financial targets are achieved. Critical metrics to be analyzed include credit sales penetration and margin expense line items. Manages multiple, cross-functional projects and may manage smaller, single-function projects.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 25%-Strategic Analysis/Problem Solving – Works to fully understand business; identify and implement process and organizational improvements. Plans and ensure execution of financial department objectives.
- Responsible for preparing annual private label credit card budget for all products and business lines. Conduct financial planning for function and make appropriate recommendations.
- 25%-Develop strategies that integrate financial products and services into core businesses and new strategic initiatives.
- Own and manage projects to ensure timely completion and highest quality. Develop and execute detailed project design/ implementation plans.
- 25%-Gather and analyze data for presentations for Sr. Management. Provide project support and guidance to other team members. Review and modify/approve their project plans and decisions as needed.
- 25%-Evaluate financial and operational/quality results of new programs against predetermined goals. Determine whether programs should be rolled out, make recommendations to Sr. Management and, if applicable, assist in developing implementation strategies
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This potion typically reports to Senior Manager Credit Services or Manager Credit Services
- This position has no Direct Reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Credit marketing or financial services experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Sound decision-making skills.
- Track record of successfully managing multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrated excellence at project management for small-to-medium projects.
- A strong grasp of Project Management skills and requirements gathering.
- Able to strategically analyze business problems and opportunities. Exhibited ability to work independently.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.