The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for daily, weekly and month end reporting related to sales, customer transactions, and average ticket. Month end reporting comprises of preparing sales schedules for the quarterly call book, auditor requests and answering questions related to these reports and schedules. This position would be involved with the fiscal month end close process - including posting journal entries, finalizing month end sales, and account reconciliations.
This position will be responsible for understanding sales data within various systems and utilizing new data analytics tools to create effective sales metric reporting. This will require research of different tools to help simplify and improve current processes.
Additionally, this position requires the associate to continuously strive to improve processes, productivity and efficiencies through research and analysis of both sales audit and sales reporting functions. The associate would need the ability to determine task priorities and balance time based on deadlines and requirements.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 25% Oversee the administration of financial policies.
- 25% Conducts special financial studies and coordinates with other departments in the preparation of statistical studies.
- 25% Performs internal and external economic research and analyzes issues related to specific financial metrics to ensure competitiveness
- 5% Compiles or prepares reports, graphs and charts of data developed.
- 10% Recommends changes in financial analysis methods or procedures.
- 10% Assists and supervises Financial Analysts in the daily preparation and conduct of their work.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position typically reports to a Director or Sr Director
- Typically requires highly developed interpersonal skills for dealing with sensitive or controversial situations.
- Typically faces situations that are unstructured and require original approaches.
- Typically considers new approaches within general policies and short-term goals when solving problems.
- Typically, once given general assignments, determines priorities and defines what should be done and how to do it.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Under constant pressure to continuously meet tight deadlines, demanding quotas and/or must regularly deal with difficult situations.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Accounting and Finance experience
- POS systems and Store Operations knowledge preferred
- Experience with MS Excel, Access, SAP/BW
- Excellent customer service and building strong relationships
- Results driven: Sees tasks through to completion; creates a sense of urgency to make sure the work gets done
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Accounting or Finance experience.
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.