At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We have been named one of the world's most innovative companies and we are on a mission to provide the world’s best interconnected shopping experience. To do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about re-imagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
The Sr. Business Analyst contributes in a lead role to the Sr. Management team in the evaluation, design, development and implementation of standardized reporting, business processes and information systems solutions. The Sr. Business Analyst will handle all aspects of project management from inception to completion. The Sr Business Analyst will have primary responsibility for the development and maintenance of business strategies, dashboards for projects, initiatives and/or categories. The Sr. Business Analyst will act as a strategic thought partner on issues facing the business. The Sr. Business Analyst will develop and track category and program performance as well as monitor trends.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
Nature & Scope:
- 50% Lead all phases of a project's life cycle including defining the business need, establishing criteria and business requirements, understanding the impact to the business and designing and rolling out the project
- 25% Serve as a subject matter expert and perform research and/or analysis within assigned projects or category of business
- 25% Establish and report on metrics of assigned projects or categories to gauge business value
Environmental Job Requirements:
- Reports to Manager/Sr. Manager
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the technical leadership of a project work team: may select team members and assess capabilities, provide technical training, provide information necessary to meet work, project or program objectives, evaluate program or project performance.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Prior experience in the application of research findings to the retail environment, brand management or category management essential
- Extensive knowledge of statistical methods and modeling
- Prior experience in a consulting and/or project management role within a corporate environment preferred.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong project management skills, including strong process orientation, ability to work and lead cross functional teams, strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Analytical; Extensive knowledge of statistical methods and modeling
- Ability to establish priorities and procedures for accomplishing work within established deadlines; ability to lead multiple projects and manage toward deadlines and deliverables
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including ability to interact at Officer level; ability to negotiate and persuade
- Proven success in increasing management roles handling multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to assimilate extensive amounts of detailed data, analyze and summarize vast amounts of information as well as understand all of the detail supporting the analysis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.