Sr Database Administrator
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)san jose
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for supporting the Teradata platform which is critical for our Data Analytics and our Sales Bookings information needs. Willing to learn and Distrupt
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Data Platform team is playing a critical role in supporting business / IT teams while integrating with their business partners by providing Layered Scale-able Architecture
Who You Are
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Monitor business use and performance of the Teradata data warehouse and provides feedback to data warehouse DBAs, ETL developers and provide mentoring and assistance in sql tuning to business partners and users.
· Troubleshoot and resolve user and database issues to ensure the data warehouse meets service level requirements.
· Collaborate with other EDS DBA teams, Architecture and external vendors in Planning, testing, configuration and execution of installations, upgrades and migrations
· Develop, manage, schedule, and document data warehouse operations and tasks, including archival, security, backup & work load management
· Provide guidance to less experienced database analysts, managed resources and other Platform team members where applicable, including guidance for troubleshooting escalated issues and support regular/emergency requests during production issues.
· Good understanding of Teradata Database System Control settings(DBS Control).
Minimum Qualifications for this role are;
· 7+ years of database design and administration experience
· 4+ years of Teradata or equivalent Database experience
· 7+ years of SQL experience
· 7+ years of stored procedures development experience
· 4+ years of performance tuning experience
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.