Sr. Director, R&D - Nutrition Category, LatAm Region
Job Title: Sr. Director, R&D - Nutrition Category, LatAm Region
Location: Miami, FL
Category: Research & Development
The Sr. Director, R&D - Nutrition Category, LatAm Region will be responsible for driving the innovation agenda for Latin America Grains and Dairy. The role is responsible for providing R&D solutions and leadership for multiple platforms and partnering with business stakeholders to execute the AOP Agenda to drive growth for the overall category. The role will support local and global brands and the successful leader will partner with cross-function R&D Teams across, Regional category and operations teams to deliver locally relevant - adapted innovation solutions for PepsiCo.
- Align teams to deliver R&D Refresh and Deploy agenda for the Regional Category, coordinating and aligning requirements of the Global R&D Category Teams with the local Category Business and Operational team lead.
- Manage and ensure flawless execution of local innovation and regional brands to ensure region meets financial innovation targets.
- Coordinate and manage region R&D issues and opportunities (compliance, customer engagements, promotions, specification changes, etc.) and serve as R&D liaison to R&D Operations (Nutrition, FSRAQ).
- Interface with LATAM Grains and Dairy Region Business Leaders and Region President and be the face/ voice of the Nutrition LATAM R&D team.
- Develop Region SBP and ensure the integration of R&D resource needs is incorporated in region financial rollups.
- Manage team of product developers to execute innovation. Lead dotted line functional teams which are physically located in region (i.e. operations, packaging, seasoning, productivity).
- Facilitate transition of global innovation into region. (effective hand off)
- Prioritize the regional Reframe and Refresh projects and manage resources in accordance with Regional R&D budget.
Critical experience required in role:
- Proven ability to lead team of scientists and engineers to deliver innovation agenda for region.
- Results oriented people leader with ability to influence innovation decisions and articulate tradeoff decisions and criteria effectively.
- Ensure flawless execution through stage gate model and drive innovation with consistent focus on technical stage gate, quality and food safety adherence.
- Ability to translate local understanding of consumer and market to category and strategy leads to facilitate / advance global learning and market understanding.
- Ability to influence across matrixed R&D and category organization
- Demonstrate ability to build talent agenda to drive long term capability for PepsiCo.
- Able to build effective partnerships with regional leaders to leverage global innovation agenda.
Position can also be based in Sorocaba, Brazil
- Advanced degree in Food Science, Chemistry or related technical field with significant experience
- Experience leading global initiatives in the food and beverage industry - 10+ years' experience in global R&D organization.
- Proven ability to strategically communicate R&D information, connecting to Financial measures and bottom line results
- Strong communication and project management skills with proven results in bringing products through to commercialization
- Experience leading stage gate process, ensuring Global Functions Governance and Compliance teams have line of sight to AOP and SGP plans to ensure products are able to be launched on time, on budget, as planned.
- Excellent leadership, communication, talent management and interpersonal skills to build organization and industry credibility.
- Ability to demonstrate business acumen and experience partnering with senior business leaders across key functional areas both inside and outside of R&D organization.
- Results oriented people leader with strong understanding of regional business and consumer needs.
- Ability to integrate and influence strategic direction of the region, align business partners and senior leaders, while challenging team to make tough trade off decisions.
- Willingness to learn Spanish is ideal, Spanish speaker preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 110433BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.