The Supply Chain Finance Team is seeking a highly motivated Sr. Financial Analyst to join a team supporting Interline Brands, one of the biggest and one of the most exciting growth opportunities for The Home Depot related to the Pro customer segment. The role will cover all aspects of Supply Chain Finance (inventory, transportation, and warehouse) for Interline Brands, a company recently acquired by the Home Depot and one of the largest national distributors of facilities maintenance (MRO) products in the United States. The Sr. Financial Analyst will help drive and execute the group’s reporting, strategic planning and analysis, forecast and data/analytics functions.
This role is a great opportunity for an individual seeking to gain integration experience and for someone who is highly motivated by the opportunity to build out and implement new processes, reporting, and analytics. This role blends deep technical analytics and development skills, finance controlling and planning, business stakeholder communications, and near/long-term strategic decision-making. The role will provide the individual exposure to multiple aspects of the business (e.g. merchandising, supply chain / logistics, P&L management, and strategy).
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead efforts to build out the IBI Supply Chain Finance database
- Help to pull together reporting and other deliverables on a weekly / monthly basis which includes preparation of graphs and charts of data developed
- Helps drive process improvement and implementation within the finance group and within the organization
- Partnering with the business partners to set goals, drive the initiatives that will achieve them, and measure performance
- Executing ad hoc analysis and providing business recommendations in a thoughtful manner
- Conducts special financial studies and coordinates cross functionally throughout the organization to drive value for the group and the company
- Providing strategic insights and recommendations that drive improved near and long-term business performance
- Performs internal and external research and analyzes issues related to specific financial metrics to ensure competitiveness
- Presents regularly to business partners as well as opportunity to present to leadership
- Oversee the administration of financial policies
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position typically reports to a Sr. Manager or Manager of Finance.
- Typically requires highly developed interpersonal skills for dealing with sensitive or controversial situations as well as dealing with multiple business partners
- Typically faces situations that are unstructured and require original approaches.
- Typically considers new approaches within general policies and short-term goals when solving problems.
- Typically, once given general assignments, determines priorities and defines what should be done and how to do it.
- Typically will require the individual to be pro-active, rather than reactive
- May require travel
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area.
- Under constant pressure to continuously meet tight deadlines, demanding quotas and/or must regularly deal with difficult situations.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:Oral and written communication skills
- A Bachelor' s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is preferred.
- Three to five years of experience is preferred.
- Experience with database development / management, and data analytics would be a plus but not necessary
- SQL development and strong Excel modeling skills
- Experience building reporting with analytical tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple works streams and manage multiple relationships
- Strong technical background
- Strong analytical experience
- Reporting experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
Accounting or Finance experience.
Problem solving skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.