The Senior Manager-Advice and Counsel leads a team of 10-12 Human Resources professionals in providing advice and counsel to managers and associates on a wide range of topics through a centralized delivery model. The Senior Manager ensures that all calls and inquiries are handled accurately and in a timely manner. This position supervises an assigned team of Managers to ensure all are experts in company policies and management practices and are providing appropriate counsel and guidance to Home Depot managers and associates.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Supervising team of Managers-Advice and Counsel in their daily activities
- Identifying the Associate Relations trends within the specific area of support and providing feedback and training guidance accordingly
- Ensuring that Managers-Advice and Counsel effectively handle all assigned cases in an accurate and timely manner, while maintaining adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Providing oversight and approval of escalated AR issues, Staff Action items and cases as determined by resolution matrix
- Performing trend analysis and reporting on data regarding associate relations issues
- Developing management training strategy for leadership, based on trend analysis
- Ensuring scheduling adherence of team
- Build and maintain effective relationships with SSC HR, field HR, and operations leaders
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to Director - Advice and Counsel
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
- 7 years in Associate Relations, Human Resources, HR Call Center, or Home Depot equivalent.
- 2 years supervisory experience
- Experience within a centralized HR service delivery model
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ensures Superior Service
- Engages Associates
- Motivates Associates
- Makes Sound Decisions
- Ensures Accountability
- Builds Relationships
- Drives Execution
- Communicates Effectively
- Labor & Employment Law Expertise
- Labor Relations Expertise
- Consultative Skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.