Sr. Manager, Consumer Insights - Global Beverages Group
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Consumer Insights - Global Beverages Group
Location: Purchase, NY
Category: Marketing / Communications
The Senior Manager role will act as a strategic partner to our global marketing & category leadership teams, providing insight-driven thought leadership on how to build and grow our brands, enabling them to cut through in a highly competitive & fragmented media environment.
This role will be responsible for brand planning across some of our key global beverages brands, leveraging insight to drive the development of groundbreaking positioning, communication & engagement programs as well as support the creation of new visual identity systems and innovation strategy.
In addition to in-depth experience of brand planning, candidates will be expected to exhibit two specific skills: an instinctual understanding of how to build brands in a digital-first, multi-platform marketing environment; and experience of pioneering new approaches to insight, such as social listening, implicit methodologies, online qualitative etc.
The successful candidate will be a \"decision change agent\" who is adept at driving insights into the business, able to advocate for their recommendations and successfully influence critical business decisions.
- Responsible for driving the global insights agenda for some of our biggest global beverage brands
- Partnering closely with the marketing & content center teams, responsible for leading global brand planning for these brands, driving the development of insights-driven brand strategy, brand positioning, brand architecture and communication/engagement programs
- Partner closely with marketing to validate & evaluate the performance of our global brand marketing campaigns across key metrics: copy quality, consumer engagement, brand impact, sales impact/ROI
- Partner with design & innovation teams to develop & validate new insight-driven visual identity systems and innovation pipelines for the brands
- Drive thought leadership on brand planning within the wider global insights & marketing community, helping to advance the way that PepsiCo approaches brand strategy, brand positioning, brand architecture and communications planning
- Partner with our global insights community to pioneer new approaches to insight that help us get under the surface of consumer behavior, go further faster and/or tap into new sources of insight
- Build strong, two-way relationships with marketing & insight leads in each region, ensuring a truly collaborative approach to working together
- Effectively and efficiently manage a multimillion dollar insight budget, delivering strong ROI
- Minimum 6-8 years in a strategic insights/planning role
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree. Advanced Degree preferred
- Ability to speak a foreign language preferred, but not required
- A decision change agent, able to identify the key decisions that will drive growth, advocate for their recommendations and effectively influence senior management
- A deep empathy for consumers and a passion for understanding the role brands play in people's lives
- An analytical mindset, with a passion for deconstructing and reframing questions and an ability to distill disparate datasets into clear & meaningful recommendations
- An out-of-the-box thinker, able to think creatively, imaginatively and holistically
- A team player, who thrives on working collaboratively, inspiring others and bringing out the best in the wider team
- A clear communicator, able to deliver finding in an engaging, fresh and impactful manner, cutting through the complex to tell a simple, compelling narrative
- An effective networker, who is able to build strong relationships with global counterparts
- A deep understanding of how to turn insights into action and impact the commercial agenda
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 108060BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.