At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We are on a mission to provide the world’s best interconnected shopping experience; and to do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about reimagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
The Sr. Manager, Content Merchandising Optimization will drive cross-functional efforts to create an underlying infrastructure comprised of interconnecting many merchandising, marketing and creative platforms. This role will also establish an operational model surrounding the infrastructure to scale distribution of targeted content to customers shopping the HomeDepot.com site. The goal is to show the right content to the right customer at the right time at the right place. Ultimately, these outputs will result in improved customer satisfaction that leads to increased traffic, sales, and conversion.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
30% - Identify business requirements, representing the needs of all involved groups (both internal and external), to inform infrastructure and operational model
30% - Lead cross-functional efforts in delivering the infrastructure and establishing associated operational model through regular meetings with many contributors at all levels of organization from various functional groups
15% - Communicate regular updates to senior and executive leadership
15% - Roll-out of operations across the organization
10% - Project manage any dependency work required to develop infrastructure and operational model; possibly evaluating outsourcing opportunities and negotiating contracts
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Director Online Content & Site Marketing.
This position has 0-2 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 7 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Proven results in any (but, including most) of the following areas: Online Merchandising, Project Management, Product Management (in particular, dealing with Content Management System), Creative Operations
- Strong understanding of content publishing systems and operations to support eCommerce business, live 24/7
- Minimum of 5 years of online experience
- Ability to understand overall vision, identify business requirements and dependencies
- Natural strength in influencing cross-functional partners without power
- Proven ability in leading cross-functional efforts to produce outputs that impact multiple functional areas
- High comfort level with working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:- Ability to solve complex problems
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, and communication skills (speaking, writing, presenting)
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes with good attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization, planning and task delegation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.