Sr. Manager, Corporate Business Development
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestBusiness Strategy and Operations
What You'll Do
This is a multi-dimensional role that will require amongst other things, an understanding of the global tech industry landscape and the tech startup ecosystem in India, understanding Cisco’s global and India growth strategy and using this groundwork to contribute to Cisco’s India investment and deals strategy and independently executing on elements of that overall plan.
The role further encompasses the following specific activities:
- Working closely with the Cisco India Business Leadership and Cisco’s Product/Engineering organizations in India on investment thesis, sourcing investments, acquisitions pipeline, the initial evaluation and the IBA / JV business case
- Understanding the tech, startup and investment/deals landscape in India. Driving research and analysis and developing views into specific market and technology segments by working closely with relevant startups, customers, partners, regional leaders and Cisco business units
- Leading due diligence on investment and acquisition opportunities working closely with Corporate Finance, Corporate Legal, Cisco BUs and other cross functional teams.
Other critical requirements are: (1) operational, strategy consulting, or deal experience within the technology market, (2) understanding of market disruptions and emerging technology trends, (3) strong communication and analytical skills, and (4) proven leadership capabilities and the ability to operate successfully in an unstructured, team-oriented environment.
You will be a key addition to the Cisco Corporate Development India team and are expected to play a strong role in driving the strategy / investments / M&A activities for Cisco India. You will be based in Bangalore and will report to the Director, Corporate Business Development India
Who You'll Work With
The Corporate Development group of Cisco is the global inorganic Strategy, Investments and M&A team. Its charter is to define and shape corporate strategy 1-3 years out and accelerate company growth through investments, partnerships and acquisitions. This group has unparalleled experience and visibility across the high tech industry through highly impactful investments and acquisitions across the globe that are rated highly in the Investments/M&A/Analyst community.
The Corporate Development team in the Asia Pacific, India and Japan (APJ) region is responsible for strategic investments and acquisitions to both capture innovation from the region and to fuel the growth of Cisco in APJ and India. The team focuses on several growth verticals for each geography with APJ as well as key enterprise technology priority areas such as Mobility, Security, Video, Collaboration, Data Center & Cloud, Analytics, Core Routing & Switching, and the IOT.
Who You Are
The candidate should ideally be an MBA from a Tier 1 business school with an undergraduate engineering degree. The person should have a strong interest and passion for the technology industry and the impact technology is creating as an enabler across various verticals. Strategy/consulting experience as well as investment experience in the tech sector will be a plus. The candidate must be familiar with the full deal life cycle, including sourcing, valuation, and term sheet negotiation, with some exposure to exits.
· Between 10-15 years of total experience in venture capital or i-banking, Corporate Strategy/Consulting. Business experience in the tech sector
· Minimum 2-4 years of transactional experience in Investments and/or Acquisition
· Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex financial models with minimum supervision
· Strong industry background/network in the tech and startup ecosystem India
· Skills to prepare and present Investment Memorandum for review by the Investment Committee.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Strong financial modeling, market research, valuation and return analysis skills and experience
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.