Reporting to the Director, Indirect Tax, the Senior Manager, Indirect Tax will manage a team of tax professionals in the overall achievement of the Tax Department’s goals. The position will be responsible for the areas of sales/use/VAT tax compliance, systems, and audit, tax exempt customers, unclaimed property and business licenses. The position may also be responsible in specific instances for tax planning, research, accounting, as well as special projects and cross-functional teams.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 60% Tax Planning, Accounting, Research, Compliance, and Audit Defense as needed to meet the goals of the Department. May serve as principal contact on one or more projects with governmental officials, outside counsel, and business partners. Lead special studies to determine tax implications of company operations. Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely filing of tax returns, and for the accurate statement of accounting reserves, including FAS 109 and FIN 48 where applicable. May serve as liaison between SSC and subsidiary businesses in the US and internationally.
- 20% Participation on cross-functional teams as a subject-matter expert
- 20% Coaching and mentoring of associates in the department
- Reports to Tax Director
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. In addition to personnel issues -- including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 8 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Demonstrate technical tax skills appropriate for the years of experience in the one or more tax disciplines.
- Demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage and implement multiple complex projects, people management, and communications to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven analytical and problem resolution skills.
- CPA or CMI strongly preferred
- 8-10 years of experience preferred
- Experience in managing and mentoring
- Experience in tax compliance, audit, systems, research and accounting.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Technical expertise in tax.
- Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
- Coaching, counseling, and people management skills
- Ability to work with teams in diverse functional areas
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility in meeting multiple goals
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.