POSITION PURPOSE -
The Merchandising Finance Sr. Manager will take ownership for leading the analytical, financial reporting, thought leadership and strategic support for the Interline Merchandising organization.
As the leader for the Merchandising Finance organization, the Merchandising Finance Sr. Manager will support the Chief Merchandising Officer at Interline Brands and have 2-3 direct reports. This position will report to the Director of Finance for the Pro Business and the Merchandising Finance Director of Building Materials.
The Merchandising Finance Sr. Manager will need to be an experienced finance professional who is able to deliver the following traits and characteristics:
- Balance strategic thinking with tactical execution to support merchandising business partners
- Effectively communicate to executive leadership, business partners, across the finance teams at Interline (Jacksonville, Florida) and The Home Depot (Atlanta, Georgia) and to direct reports
- Utilize project management skills
- Be able to take unorganized thoughts and information from business partners and be able force the conversations, strategies and actions back to driving business performance and results
- Provide a financial expression / measurements / metrics for all actions and work streams to ensure that they are material and are able to be measured in the future
- As The Home Depot continues to define the near term, mid-term and long term objectives of integration and realizing synergies from the recent acquisition of Interline Brands into the company and the broader Pro organization, the Merchandising Finance Sr. Manager will play a critical role in helping to define and support these objectives
The key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Provide the Merchandising organization support and ownership of analysis / reporting on consolidated financials, synergies (i.e. vendor harmonization) and key initiatives to realize cost out in gross margin
- Leverage functional and support teams in Atlanta (i.e. Merchandising Finance, Cost Out, Decision Analytics, Assortment Planning, etc.) for Merchandising best practices and tools to implement at Interline
- Lead the development and analysis for the Merchandising plans and forecasts
- Lead the creation, analysis and consolidation for all Merchandising Stats and executive level presentations (Merchandising only)
- Understand and analyze macro trends impacting the Pro and MRO customers using external and internal data sources
- Provide associate and career development to direct reports, while holding them accountable to meeting their roles and responsibilities
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- Strategic Analysis/Problem Solving - Works to fully understand business; identify and implement process and organizational improvements. Plans and ensures execution of department objectives. Participates in preparation of the annual budget, reviews monthly expenditures and ensures that budgetary goals are met. Reviews monthly metrics to ensure goals are met.
- Project Management- Develops and supports a strategic alliance with business partners. Participates in cross-functional activities focused on solving business issues and enhancing our competitive advantage. Facilitates cross-functional communication with other areas of the business including but not limited to Finance, Operations, and Information Systems.
- Leads, plans, and coordinates work teams in an efficient manner to effectively perform any financial function and activity; utilizes metrics to track performance and manage workload. Ensures operational processes and procedures are compliant and consist with established policies.
- Predict Revenues and Expenditures and Report to Management.
- Conduct financial planning for function and make appropriate recommendations.
- Drive key functional financial metrics.
- Financial Reporting
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- The position will report to the Director of Pro Finance and Director, Merchandising Finance (Building Materials). For positions based out of Atlanta, travel will be required to Jacksonville on a regular basis. Relocation assistance is available for candidates willing to relocate to Jacksonville.
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. Planning, monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates is required. This may include direct supervision of a shift or the coordination of multiple work groups. Makes recommendations concerning selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. Examples include: telephone operator and file clerk.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS –
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable.
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 6
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- 8 – 10 years of experience
- Financial analysis, strategic thinking, and presentation skills
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Excel and Power Point
- Ability to understand Merchandising / Retail Strategy
- Build relationships with all levels of the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- Thorough working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and internal accounting controls
- Knowledge of business and management. Principles involved in strategic planning and resource allocation.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies that support the objectives of the company
- Ability to lead and develop subordinates
- Able to effectively communicate with all departments and levels of associates through both verbal and written methods
- Critical thinking skills; using logic to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, applying general rules to specific problems.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.