Sr Manager - Strategy & Insights, Transformative Innovation
Job Title: Sr Manager - Strategy & Insights, Transformative Innovation
Location: White Plains, NY
Category: Marketing / Communications
PepsiCo is home to some of the world's biggest food and beverage brands. In fact, we produce twenty-two $1B+ brands. Our brands are leaders in pop culture and provide experiences that help our consumers feel excited and inspired. As for our office environment, it's fast-paced, social, and globally connected.
The PepsiCo North America Beverages (NAB) team has embarked on a Portfolio Transformation journey to help the organization be poised for future growth. Come play a critical role in this transformation journey by helping to lead the Strategy & Insights agenda for Transformative Innovation. Reporting to the Director, US Strategy & Insights- Portfolio Transformation, this Senior Manager role will be accountable for partnering closely with the US Marketing team and leading the Insights agenda for Long-term Innovation and Next Gen Carbonated Soft Drinks (CSDs).
- Design and lead insights agendas against business objectives, timelines and budgets for Long-term Innovation and Next Gen CSDs
- Present learning and insights as a basis for strategic decision making. Incorporate consumer-based insights across all planning, including marketing initiatives, consumer communications as well as annual and strategic business planning.
- Partner in developing marketing objectives and strategies by providing guidance to business team in identifying key business issues and opportunities for Long-term Innovation and Next Gen CSDs
- Must effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence all levels of management in a highly matrixed, collaborative and cross-functional team environment, including but not limited to the Marketing, R&D, Finance, Global and broader Insights teams
- Be a strategic thought partner to help define the future of the beverage landscape through a deep understanding of the NAB business, consumer, category and cultural trends.
- Through partnering with the Advanced Analytics team, leverage syndicated data sources (i.e., IRI scanner and panel data, etc.) to help monitor and diagnose the brand/category and address business issues and information needs
- Work closely with external vendors to analyze data and extract meaningful and actionable insights with minimal oversight from the Insights Director
- Participate in the development and management of the custom research budget
- Manage and develop a direct report
- 8+ years of experience in strategic Insights role
- Consumer Packaged Goods strongly preferred
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree; Advanced Degree preferred
- Well-versed in research methodologies, especially new product Innovation, and possess the ability to apply Insights to address business challenges.
- A team player who thrives on working collaboratively in a highly-matrixed environment
- Ability to excel in an agile, collaborative, ambiguous environment while working with a significant amount of autonomy
- Proven strategic thinker with ability to connect the dots across multiple data sources to tell a connected, compelling business and consumer story to drive the business forward
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to deliver strategy and insights in an engaging, impactful manner to influence and drive business decisions within a highly-matrixed global organization
- Proactive, self-starter who is results oriented and demonstrates a bias for action with a can-do approach to work
- Proficient with IRI/Nielsen scanner and panel data; must be experienced in interpreting and applying
- Ability to set agenda and chart course forward
- Proven People Leader with ability to mentor, coach and develop top caliber Strategy & Insights junior team member
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 109552BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.