Position Purpose: The Senior Manager, Digital Content is the homedepot.com business partner to the merchants, marketers and IT for data and process management on the homedepot.com website. The Senior Manager develops long and short term strategy to optimize the efficiency of the digital content data management for homedepot.com. This role leads the Data Management team in the planning and execution of digital content data management operations for homedepot.com. This role coordinates with all internal and external customer and vendors to meet the deadlines, budget and strategic objectives of the Digital Content team. Manages, executes and impacts product display and cross selling in homedepot.com to support a Multi-Channel business environment.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
Nature and Scope: This position reports to Director, Digital Content This position has 2-5 Direct Reports
- 20%-Partners with functional and operating business partners to drive overall business specific strategies. Key strategic themes focus on delivering consistent, repeatable processes to optimize product time to market, and operating effectiveness.
- 20%-Develops short and long term strategic route map for the homedepot.coms product data management processes and systems.
- 20%-Responsible for external resource management. Manages outside vendors to ensure execution of programs and tactics on time and within budget. Manages projects and the allotment of money to meet budgetary and segment goals.
- 10%-Effectively executes all data management and promotion activities using metrics to track and improve performance
- 10%-Develops and implements process and system improvements related to data management and operational activities.
- 10%-Build strong relationships with business partners and actively support cross-functional initiatives to drive improved overall business performance; Coordinates and leads internal functions in the execution of data maintenance on homedepot.com.
- 10%-Trouble shoots and problem solves for ongoing operational needs as they arise.
Environmental Job Requirements: Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Education Required: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
Work Experience Required: 7 Minimum
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies: Experience as a team leader; ability to complete projects through a variety of different people in various departments who do not directly report to the team leader. Well-developed presentation skills (oral and written) computer skills required, specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Ability to maintain composure and productivity in a dynamic environment Ability to be deadline oriented with long and short-term projects Ability to approach problems systematically, researching all alternatives and making appropriate recommendations
- Data and vendor management experience
- Process and project management experience
- Understanding of basic corporate financial practices and budget management
- Experience in Marketing and Ecommerce
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.