Optum delivers Intelligence for Healthcare. A UnitedHealth Group company, Optum unites the brightest minds to transform organizations and improve healthcare through information and technology. We serve a diverse customer base within the healthcare community, including healthcare payers, providers, employers, pharmaceutical companies, consumers, workers' compensation and auto liability insurers, and government agencies.
Optum is a premier, data-driven consulting organization in health and human services. We have over 1,000 consultants with experience working with hospitals, physicians, health plans, employers, government agencies and pharmaceutical companies. No other consulting firm operates on this scale with an exclusive health and human services focus. Optum offers tremendous breadth and depth of services to assist clients in solving the critical challenges facing the health and human services industry. We work with all markets to make global industry-wide improvements. Our data-driven, innovative solutions drive powerful business improvements and create meaningful, measurable results.
Our Network Intelligence team is part of Optum's Reimbursement Solutions practice which works with clients to optimize healthcare delivery financing through modeling, forecasting and analysis. We support the network development and managed care contracting efforts by providing custom analysis of proprietary and public available data. The team has a range of expertise, including provider negotiations, financial analysis, payer reimbursement arrangements and claims data. Our portfolio of clients includes several national and regional managed care plans and regional hospital systems.
- Reviews facility / physician claim data to identify reimbursement rates and trends
- Analyzes data based on findings to present a picture of the client's competitive landscape and contributions to a specific facility
- Prepares presentations and presents findings to our clients
- Provides explanations and meaningful interpretations within area of expertise
- Works closely with other team members to develop conclusions
- Creates ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Utilizes business writing skills to clearly and concisely explain relevant analysis findings
- Develops best practice process and products based on the changing healthcare environment
- Provides billable strategic and analytical consulting services to customers
- Provides training to clients on effective use of findings and data