Senior Operations Business Analysts are responsible for leading small to medium subsets of larger projects and initiatives and individual processes that bring value to The Home Depot. They must possess a high level of analytical ability to distinguish multiple components of a problem and develop conclusions using quantitative skills. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to leading teams on projects, effectively communicating to teams and leadership, and identifying trends in business and the retail industry. A successful Senior Operations Business Analyst will operate with minimal supervision, prioritizing and executing tasks once given a general project goal. The person in this position must be a detail oriented self starter who is able to work through ambiguity to determine which components of a problem/process are truly important. Additionally, this person must be able to build strong cross-functional partnerships to ensure that his/her recommendations are implemented successfully. Responsibilities may include value stream mapping and analysis, process engineering support through complex labor impact modeling & analysis, and some development work in SQL.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Lead Project Teams of Analysts and other associates
- Perform data gathering tasks, synthesis - develop solutions, project/strategyplanning and data utilization
- Produce documents for teams and leadership to review and utilize. Deliverpresentations to teams and executive leaders and sponsors
- Build skills and knowledge including self-development, team knowledge andcustomer (internal) knowledge.
- Deliver presentations to teams and executive leaders and sponsors.
Nature and Scope:
- Typically reports to Store Operations Process Manager or Store OperationsBusiness Manager (or Sr. Managers)
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadershipof a work group: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
Environmental Job Requirements:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3
Physical Job Requirements:
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about.
- On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree in an engineering field or business operations management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Proficiency with SQL
- Lean Six Sigma or other Process Improvement Methodology experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Experience leading high performing teams
- Consulting management and/or project management.
- Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis
- Problem solving
- Strong Operations, Retail and/or field knowledge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.