Sr. Package Engineer
Job Title: Sr. Package Engineer
Location: Plano, TX
Category: Research & Development
- Design, develop and deploy breakthrough packaging machinery capabilities to drive PepsiCo strategic agendas
- Explore, identify and validate novel opportunities compatible with PepsiCo assets and infrastructure
- Aggressively invent and capture intellectual property with defensible positioning
- Actively manage multiple projects in the development of new packaging technologies and machinery to deliver PepsiCo advantaged solutions to market
- Create and execute project timelines including managing packaging resources and budgets
- Execute commercialization activities: from lab based trials to full scale production
- Selection and management of key vendor relationships to deliver successful programs
- Packaging lead to cross-functional project teams, coordinate with Engineering/Operations/Marketing partners through various project stages
- Document work through trial protocols and written reports
- Periodically update Senior Management with project progress
- Build strong relationships with internal and external cross functional partners
- Provide technical support for field issue resolution
- Create and maintain specifications
- BS Mechanical Engineering with 5 - 10 years experience in the design and/or project management of automated packaging machinery
- Working knowledge of 2D/3D design software, AutoCAD, Solidworks, or Equivalent
- Familiarity with mechatronic system design: pneumatics/hydraulics, control systems, motion control, PLC programming
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Domestic and international travel up to 40% of time is possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 113961BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.