The Senior Recruiter is responsible for managing the recruitment efforts for assigned areas of The Home Depot Enterprise. Their role is to provide the support, knowledge and tools needed for successful job placement. In partnership with HR Leaders and Talent Acquisition leadership, this role will develop talent acquisition strategies to attract and hire the best in class for functional areas of the business. The Senior Recruiter will manage the full lifecycle for all hires. Key responsibilities include working with Store Support Center functional groups to create recruitment strategies to fit their needs, and monitoring selection processes when appropriate to ensure The Home Depot is making the best hiring decisions. It is also the responsibility of the Senior Recruiter to facilitate new recruitment initiatives and complete special projects as assigned. Communicating with others, at all levels, building relationships and planning projects are critical skills for successful performance in this position.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Use strategic planning information to implement an innovative, function-specific talent acquisition plan to develop a strong external bench of talent that supports The Home Depot’s talent acquisition strategy. Acquire industry knowledge and competitive market data and use this information to drive potential changes to the staffing plan..
• Perform full lifecycle recruiting to include sourcing strategy development with a clear focus on diversity. The successful Senior Recruiter will also assist with the determination of screening criteria and execution of screening, interviewing, and the negotiation of salaries.
• Maintain communication with all related business partners in order to perform all related Talent Acquisition functions. Work through any communication gaps to ensure staffing effectiveness and efficiency.
• Execute recruitment plans in order to achieve staffing metrics including candidate quality, candidate throughput, and efficient time to offer. Provide status reports on these metrics to include review of open requisition status and candidate throughput.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with the all related stakeholders in order to meet talent acquisition goals. Work with appropriate groups to identify and resolve issues.
• Develop individualized sourcing strategies for the functional areas and execute appropriately. Strategies should include cold calling, building networks and maintaining interests with passive candidates.
• Ensure consistency, efficiency and compliance with federal, state and local laws, and company policies. Ensure all TA activities are compliant with the established sourcing, recruiting, and selection procedures including maintaining appropriate recordkeeping
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to Manager, Talent Acquisition
• No direct responsibility for supervising others but will assist in coordination of activities of Recruiters and Staffing Coordinators
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
5 plus years of corporate Talent Acquisition experience
• Recruiting expertise and expert knowledge of internet search tools and strong sourcing strategies
• Experience creating and executing a wide range of recruiting initiatives
• The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
• Bilingual Spanish is a plus.
• Corporate recruitment experience for a retailer preferred. (ex: IT, HR, Legal, Merchandising, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:Strong customer service orientation in order to build and maintain a strong candidate pool including negotiation skills.
• Creative and innovative in recruitment activities including the understanding of successful candidate traits, demographic characteristics, and talent management inputs
• Knowledge of employment laws and regulations, equal opportunity laws and other applicable federal and state regulations including, but not limited to EEO and OFCCP.
• Senior level leadership, negotiation and influence skills to serve as a staffing expert and internal advisor
• Effectively handle multiple and changing priorities in a fast paced environment while achieving staffing targets
• Three plus years experience in administering behavioral interviews
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.