Sr Software EngineerID1029459
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology Interest*None, Cloud and Data Center
What You'll Do Cisco is funding a small, agile, product development team to innovate and build a new product offering in the SDN controller space. The team will operate in an agile development model to rapidly bring a new product offering to market, reacting very quickly to initial customer feedback and market needs. Over time as customer adoption increases, the platform will be further utilized as the basis for many network applications. Who You'll Work With Cisco is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to contribute to the team and team culture, the product, and the process to bring it to market. He/she must have experience in building new software offerings with agility and urgency. Who You Are Responsibilities: • Be an early member of a new product team with Cisco that is reshaping how Cisco does networking. Collaborate with others in a fast-paced environment to drive business results.
• Take ownership of a complex software module and deliver it with innovative functionality, world-class scale, performance, and quality.
• Participate in design and architectural sessions showcasing your own designs as well learning form other senior members of the team.
• Design and develop high-scale micro services on a cloud hosted platform using solid OO and distributed arch skills.
• Work with architects and product owners / customer advocates to prioritize and define feature functionality.
• Implement distributed data storage, retrieval, assurance, visualization, and control algorithms with the intent of efficiently directing traffic in enterprise networks for the world's largest and most important businesses.
• Operate in an Agile methodology with an eye toward robust and disciplined software development.
• Contribute to functional specifications. Write portions of product spec. Lead development of subsystems.
• Innovate and file patents Minimum Qualifications: * 6-8 years of experience in Python, Java, or other modern programming languages / technologies. * Experience in or passion for building a PaaS solution using Kubernetes, Docker, Glusterfs, etc. * Strong understating of OOA & D, design patterns and SOA architectures and horizontal scalability tenets. * Expert in use of standard SCM tools (Git) and CI/CD (Jenkins / Maven, etc) process. * Proven leadership with experience in mentoring and growing other team members. * Ability to work and influence teams beyond your immediate group. *Strong motivation to innovate and improve customer and product experience. * Strong problem solving and software development / troubleshooting skills. Ability to "think in code" and discuss ideas and algorithms is a must. * Follows development best practices like TDD, code reviews and owns automated tests to ensure quality. * Past experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment. Why Cisco We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Apply on the Company Site