Sr. Software Test Engineer IV
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Sr. Software Test Engineer IV
San Jose, CA
What You'll Do:
You will be part of CSG Service Provide System test team (ASR9K and NCS6K platforms) team that champions new methodologies and creates and tests scalable software solutions that interact with widely deployed Internet products, thereby touching an endless number of users worldwide. Be part of the Cisco organization that is driving the evolution and expansion into new technology areas and market segments
Who You'll Work With:
As a highly charged System Test team member you will be responsible for:
* Design, develop, and document functional & interoperability level verification tests from systems specification and product requirements.
* Execute Functional, interoperability and customer use test cases. Track test cases and results. Raise, prioritize, and verify defects and fixes.
* Pro-actively seek to make continuous improvements to Test coverage, execution and automation. Optimize performance and dimensioning of configurations.
* Support Interoperability Test (IOT) of Security Gateway; AAA; IPSEC client combinations in a multi-vendor lab environment.
* Execution, Development and maintenance of scripts for test automation.
* Reproduce customer issues in SIT lab as requested by customer Support team. Occasionally visit customer site.
* Work on continuous improvement of SIT testbed, processes, and product supportability.
* Collaborate with teams across geographies in 3 continents
Who You Are:
* 5+ years of software Quality assurance experience in a system test environment
* 3+ years of testing complex network / Telecommunications Protocols
* Experience with Networking protocols including IP, UDP, TCP and L4-L7 protocol testing experience OR
* Experience with Layer 2 technologies such as STP, MSTP, VLANS, and for Layer3 add MPLS, BGP
* Proficient with Automation using TCL or Python
* Strong UNIX/Linux skills
* Experience with Ixia / Spirent and related test tools
* Experience with telecommunications test equipment required.
* Strong network troubleshooting skills
* BS/MS degree or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline such as EE/CS/ET.
* Experienced in telecommunications/data communications functional and interoperability test.
* Hands-on experience with Traffic generator test tools.
* Excellent multi-tasking, written & verbal communication, and organizational skills.
* Must be results oriented and have a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected.
We Are Cisco.
Apply on the Company Site