At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We are on a mission to provide the world’s best interconnected shopping experience; and to do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about re-imagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
The Senior UX Designer, is responsible for delivering the vision, experience and creative strategy for their respective projects and products. They will need to build strong relationships with product management peers, development and other critical partners to establish and deliver on the business and customer requirements that enhances our digital experiences and products, meets the business goals and strengthens our Home Depot differentiation strategies.
Reporting to the Manager, User Experience, the Senior UX Designer will be responsible for their large scale, cross-functional projects, product roadmaps, relevant research, user experience strategy and final creative from concept development, wireframes and design to final execution across all digital properties.
Balancing creative and innovative solutions with solid leadership skills, this associate will work with the team to successfully translate business objectives into innovative and best-in-class, customer-centric solutions.
UX Team - Who are we?
We are the Digital Experience team for Home Depot. We carved out our own design studio among the pines and hills of Atlanta, one of the country’s top cities, and created a culture to build the best mobile and web experiences in the industry. Home Depot’s online team combines a broad range of creative talent including visual & interaction design, information architecture, content strategy, media production, and analytics. We’re creating the future on online and mobile retail and have the resources of a Fortune 50 company to back it up. What’s not to like?Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities:
- 50% Translate wireframes into comps, storyboards, experience prototypes.
- 30% Responsible for developing and communicating industry-leading creative concepts while balancing strategic development with online business objectives.
- 10% Build and maintain relationship with merchandising, usability, seo, technology, partner agencies, photographers and other vendors.
- 10% Provide quality assurance of all creative deliverables.
Nature and Scope:
- Position reports to Manager, User Experience
- No direct reports.
Environmental Job Requirements:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass Background Check.
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Mastery of all the latest design tools, platforms, and versions of applicable software programs: Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), iRise and other design tools.
- Understanding of motion design and the strengths and limitations of Flash, AfterEffects, Ajax, Flex, and other emerging platforms.
- Previous project leadership experience in a retail environment or advertising agency
- Demonstrated user experience design skills with expert knowledge of current design programs
- Working knowledge of experience design tools irise, viso, axure, omnigraffel,
- Understand W3C standards as well as browser-specific bugs and variations, in IE, Mozilla and Safari
- Understanding of browser display differences on different platforms
- Demonstrated experience in designing creative and web pages for e-commerce websites
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to concept, present and execute. Act as an exemplary representative of the online experience team in its dealings with internal clients and external vendors with the ability to interact comfortably with executives at highest levels of the Company.
- Provide strong client management skills with flawless follow-up.
- Provide creative solutions consistent with industry trends, demonstrating ability to problem-solve, organize and project manage.
- Ability to translate complex information into easy-to-understand designs and visual elements.
- Proven ability working in fast paced environment with shifting priorities while managing tactical deliverables and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strong rapport with teammates, and stakeholders from multiple business groups.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.