The Sr. Web Designer is responsible for delivering exceptional online design solutions for Homedepot.com. As a highly creative problem solver, the Sr. Designer will need to carefully construct detailed online design solutions with proficient speed and exceptional quality. This position will maintain and provide ongoing design of Homedepot.com, promotions, seasonal events and redesign projects. This role also partners cross functionally with content, user experience and business teams.
The Sr. Web Designer will be expected to guide and mentor other designers and serve as a subject matter expert for the design team. On the talent/technical skills side, this position should have a solid eye for typography, composition and color, an ability to both handle smaller tasks as well as larger projects and be proficient in the "Big 3" InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
30%-Create interactive design concepts, layouts, comps, moodboard explorations and production as assigned.
30%-Collaborate and drive new ideas with content, user experience and engineering teams to create innovative experiences that meet strategic objectives for Homedepot.com
20%-Work cross functionally with creative team, merchandising, user experience, content and photographers to ensure optimal design solutions for the Homedepot.com customer.
10%-Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables
10%-Contribute to the development of the online creative culture and quality standards
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Manager, Online Creative
This position has no Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- BA in Communication Design, Fine Arts, or related field
- 5+ years' brand design experience working in an agency, design shop, online retailer, or digital marketing environment
- An impressively diverse digital portfolio demonstrating solutions for desktop, mobile, tablet and social channels
- Knowledge of Web and e-Business technologies, principles, and processes
- Solid knowledge of visual design fundamentals including brand identity, layout, color, typography and photography
- Expert abilities and understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:- Hands on design and production knowledge across multiple channels from concept through completion
- Ability to articulate and present creative ideas to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative team members
- Mature appreciation for the balance between creative design and business objectives
- Effective organizational approach and superb interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure with careful attention to detail
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.