Staff Software Engineer/Technical Team Lead iOS
JobTitle: Staff Software Engineer/Technical Team Lead iOS
City: SAN BRUNO
We are a small team of engineers building mobile products for almost 50 million customers who shop at Sam's Club stores every week. We are looking for product focused mobile engineers who share our passion to build high quality products and ship fast.
There are very few places, if any, where you can bridge physical and digital experiences for tens of millions of users. Our team builds mobile applications that empower customers in over 600 Sam's Club stores. We are a data-driven team and we constantly improve our products based on user data and feedback. Moreover, we experiment with new features and technologies and scale successful products rapidly.
We are product focused and expect our fellow engineers to be involved in all parts of the product development from product requirements and design to implementation and testing. We follow and adapt new technologies and our work includes challenges in the areas of security, geo-location, payments, scalability and architecture.
- Lead a team of 5-6 iOS engineers responsible for shipping all Sam's Club applications on the iOS platform. Leadership role consists of:
o Represent the team in architectural and technical discussions with other engineering teams
o Represent the team in discussions with the Product and Business teams
o Work closely with engineering management on optimizing all engineering processes such as estimation, architecture, task definition etc.
o Work closely with Project Managers on planning and execution tracking.
- Participate as an individual contributor in the design and implementation of sophisticated features in iOS applications.
- Split between individual contributor and leadership role is expected to be 75/25, you will spend most of your time hands on coding and architecting.
- Optimizing and refactoring the existing code base and making sure our customers don’t experience any production issues while using our apps.
- Ensure that our app ratings of 4.5 and above are maintained and improve even further.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of mobile application development experience.
- Excellent skills in Objective-C and Swift.
- Excellent knowledge of the iOS platform and the associated tool chain.
- Experience of shipping one or more iOS applications to the App Store.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to step out of their comfort zone and use new technologies.
- Experience with unit testing, UI testing and automation.
- Experience with web technologies.
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.