The Supervisor position is part of a team responsible for Inventory and Gross Margin accounting for The Home Depot and its related Month End Close processes. Scope of Responsibilities include but are not limited to direct supervision of staff and senior accountants, including review of work product and reconciliations, analyzing monthly financial reports, monitoring progress of process improvements and projects, and performance management of direct reports.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Analyzes income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements and other accounting statements and reports.
- May Assign work to subordinate Accounting staff, Bookkeepers, Accounting Clerks and other associates engaged in general accounting activities.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Applies Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures.
- Assures that all assigned projects adhere to accepted professional standards.
- Recommends changes in accounting methods or procedures.
- Selects, develops, directs and motivates assigned staff.
- Manages projects from beginning to end.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Manager Accounting
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. In addition to personnel issues -- including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Certified Public Accountant
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Financial Analysis
- Supervisory Experience
- Written and Verbal communications skills
- Computer application skills such as Excel, Access, General Ledger, etc
- Must be able to multi-task and balance multiple high priority tasks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.