Supervisor Collections - Merced, CA(Job Number:700870)
Ready for that next career move in billing, collections or customer service - to be a leader of a team?
If you are looking for a way to help others, while you put your billing or customer service skills to good use, this may be the career for you. As a leader of one of our medical collections teams, ensuring that we communicate, persuade and convey payment urgency is critical to the overall success of our company. Your work will not only impact the bottom line, but it will also make a difference in the lives of our customers, greatly reducing their financial burden. This is no small opportunity. This is your life's best work.sm
In the role of Supervisor, Medical Collections, you will lead a team that is responsible for contacting and consulting with patients of family members regarding the payment of medical bills. Your role will include the selection and hiring of new team members, training of your team and insuring that all policies and procedures are being followed correctly. Balancing both customer and employee needs along with recovering payments is the key to being a successful supervisor/manager in this division.
Some EHR experience, Deposits and Bank Statement reconciliation experience preferred
This function is responsible for insurance premium collections. Positions in this function contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency. Negotiate and advise on collection of overdue bills and take appropriate action to recover overdue payments. Handles unresolved inquiries/issues. Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and managing organization policies on collection practices. May work with outside legal counsel and/or outside agencies in more complex collection cases.
- Coordinate, supervise and accountable for the daily/weekly/monthly activities of a team of 15 to 20 Medical Collections Representatives
- Set priorities for the team to ensure task completion and performance goals for the team are achieved
- Coordinate work activities of team with other supervisors, managers, and departments
- Participate in the recruitment, training and staffing functions for the department to ensure the timely hiring of qualified new employees, that all employees are properly trained in all aspects of their roles and that staffing levels are adequate to meet the business demand
- Provide regular coaching and feedback to team members, including formal corrective action when needed as well as completing annual performance reviews
- Identify and resolve operational problems using defined processes, expertise, and judgment
- Provide expertise and support for escalated calls and/or situations from both internal and external customers as needed
- Consistently provide practical/relevant recommendations for improvements to process or practices and participates in the implementation
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit.
- Impact of work is most often at the team level.
Primary Location US-CA-Merced
Organization O360 Dignity Health Back Ops
Number of Openings 1