Responsible for the security operations and leadership in facilities at specified Home Depot locations. The Supervisor of Security supervises the daily operations of a team of professionals in the Corporate Security Department. Supervisors handle in-person deescalations, executive assistance when needed, schedule maintenance, resolve operational issues, develop personnel, promote company and departmental values, while insuring individual and team goals are met or exceeded. Supervisors are also empowered to make decisions that provide enhanced protection for personnel and assets. The incumbent should have previous supervisory experience, ability to maintain professionalism in escalated scenarios, and competency in leading hourly personnel.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 30% - Provide supervision support to Corporate Security at specified Home Depot locations.
- 20% - Escalation management, including incident response, cooperation with local authorities, and emergency planning and response.
- 20% - Assist with executive-level security and leadership security operations.
- 15% - Responsible for performance appraisals, professional development of assigned staff, and special projects as assigned.
- 15% - Oversee and supervise shift operations at specified Home Depot locations.
This position reports to Manager or Sr. Manager of Security Operations.
This position has 10 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Previous leadership and security operations experience.
Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Financial management experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Use quantitative skills to help drive projects.
- Be able to identify, distinguish and analyze multiple components of a problem, and then make appropriate conclusions based on available information.
- Use tactical thinking to support strategic goals of department, determine the problem and understand the fundamental parts of the problem.
- Knowledge of the role and function of Corporate Security at the Home Depot or similar major company.
- Knowledge of facility management as it pertains to security and access control.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.