Supply Chain Accounting Associate Intern
Job Title: Supply Chain Accounting Associate Intern
Location: Purchase, NY
Category: Campus (Intern/Leadership)
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $63 billion in net revenue in 2015 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2015 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose. For more information on PepsiCo and the possibilities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com .
* PepsiCo (Gatorade, Tropicana, or Quaker Oats Manufacturing Plant)
* Summer Internship- Field Accounting/Finance
The summer internship is the first step of the Supply Chain Accounting/Finance Associate program which is a fast track training program for key accounting/finance positions within the PepsiCo Supply Chain organization.
Supply Chain Associate Program:
Successful program participants will have the skills and experiences to achieve a field Plant Controller or headquarters Financial Planning and Analysis Manager within 7-8 years. The entry point for this program is the Supply Chain Accounting/Finance Associate position which is part of a broader program which includes other operations and technical disciplines. The Supply Chain Accounting/Finance Associate will report directly to the Plant Controller and is expected to last approximately 18-24 months. Supply Chain Finance summer internship responsibilities include training and experience in a broad range of accounting, internal control, and financial planning activities including:
- Participate in 2-3 plant financial period closes related tasks
- Participate in physical inventory cycle counts
- Take ownership of a plant accounting responsibility for 6-8 weeks (Production Accounting, A/P, or Fixed assets, etc.)
Internal Control Testing:
- Complete Q3 -Periodic and Quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley control test
- Complete an Internal Audit self-assessment test
- Complete one or two projects analyzing costs, developing insights, and recommending corrective actions with guidance from subject matter experts as needed
- Present the results of the analysis at the local plant and also at the division HQ in Chicago along with Supply Chain Accounting/Finance Associate summer interns from other plants at an end of summer conference
What we're looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Accounting and/or Finance (other related majors will be considered)
- Demonstrated interest in cost accounting and operations through coursework and/or previous internships
- Strong people/communication skills to manage information gathering requests
- Results oriented, able to complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner, and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft products
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Bachelor's or Master's degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability Protected Veteran:
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster ) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement ) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 100569BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.