Supply Chain Accounting Associate
Job Title: Supply Chain Accounting Associate
Location: Purchase, NY
Category: Campus (Intern/Leadership)
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $63 billion in net revenue in 2015 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2015 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose. For more information on PepsiCo and the possibilities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com .
The Supply Chain Accounting/Finance Associate program is a fast track training program for key accounting/finance positions within the PepsiCo Supply Chain organization. Successful program participants will have the skills and experiences to achieve a field Plant Controller or headquarters Financial Planning and Analysis Manager within 7-8 years. The entry point for this program is the Supply Chain Accounting/Finance Associate position which is part of a broader program which includes other operations and technical disciplines. The Supply Chain Accounting/Finance Associate will report directly to the Plant Controller and is expected to last approximately 18-24 months.
Supply Chain Accounting/Finance responsibilities include training and experience in a broad range of accounting, internal control, and financial planning activities including:
- Accounting period close related tasks
- Cost and variance analysis
- Annual Operating Plan development
Internal Control Testing:
- Testing and evaluation of internal controls
- Timely completion of assigned project work including process improvement and ad hoc analysis
- Management reporting of financial results including calculating and communicating key performance indicators
In addition, Supply Chain Associate will participate in the broader Supply Chain Associate program including:
- Exposure to other Supply Chain functions and disciplines through defined cross functional project work and participating on an operations improvement team
- Build affiliation with other Supply Chain Associates in the program
- Provide feedback on your overall experiences in the program and participate in campus recruiting
What we're looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Finance and Accounting (other related majors will be considered)
- Demonstrated interest in cost accounting and operations through coursework or internships
- CPA or CMA a plus
- Strong people/communication skills to manage information gathering requests
- Results oriented, able to complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner, and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft products
- Interested in relocation for new opportunities after 1 - 2 years in role
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Be completing their final year of undergraduate studies
- Hold a Bachelor's degree prior to the intended full time start date
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability Protected Veteran:
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster ) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement ) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 99981BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.