Supply Chain Warehouse Manager
Job Title: Supply Chain Warehouse Manager
Location: Reno, NV
Category: Supply Chain
We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers. The ground breakers of the Supply Chain & Logistics space. We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade. We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole. Are you hungry to be a part of the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the Possibilities of PepsiCo. This position contributes to the success of a warehouse or manufacturing location for PepsiCo. The Warehouse Mgr coordinates the receiving, shipping, and material handling responsibilities in the warehouse by designing and developing product movement and storage systems, improving operations, and supporting the front line staff. Responsibilities include cost efficiency/continuous improvement on processes/service/safety for an entire business unit across all shifts. Managing numerous shifts in either a union or non-union environment and developing a team of supervisors.
- Maintains a safe/healthy work environment by establishing/following/enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Maintain quality standards of finished product. Ensures smooth delivery of product for the Sales organization
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing warehouse operations information and recommendations to strategic plans. Reviews and prepares any action plans while ensuring productivity/quality/customer service standards are met
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements/preparing an annual budget/scheduling expenditures/analyzing variances/initiating corrective actions
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations/hiring, training/communication for front-line hourly and salaried personnel
- Develops team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals. Delivers effective change leadership while driving business changes and minimizing people impact. Communicates and collaborates cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Motivates the team members to achieve plan goals
- Develops warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements.
- Develops processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, gate processes (check in/out), and shipping.
- Develops and implements warehouse operations system improvements by leading continuous improvement projects as assigned and by analyzing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Troubleshoots all receiving and shipping complaints to find the cause, help resolve the issue, and prevent reoccurrence. Administer policies and procedures. Regular and predictable attendance at the work sites. Regular presence on the plant floor/lifting up to 40 lbs/Occasional work in poor weather conditions/including heat/cold/rain/snow/May operate forklift/manufacturing equipment occasionally/May require off-shift and weekend work/May require some travel (less than 5%)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering/business/operations management/or similar field
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project. A min of 5 yrs of operations/logistics or SC exp preferred/Minimum of 2 yrs supervisory exp preferred
- Strong knowledge of inventory mgmt systems. Forklift certification a plus
- Experience with continuous improvement (Lean Six Sigma certification/TPM/Lean manufacturing)
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback/Lead a team-based approach to decision making/Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented/challenging environment. Strong leadership skills with ability to get results through mentoring others. Effective coaching/facilitation/ presentation/team building skills. Must be authorized to work in the US
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114604BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.