Sustainability Manager - Fleet Operations
Job Title: Sustainability Manager - Fleet Operations
Location: Plano, TX
Category: Supply Chain
PepsiCo, a leader in the food and beverage industry, has an opening for a Sustainability Manager - Fleet Operations to support the tactical execution of Supply Chain Fleet strategy. The candidate must have superb organizational, communication, and analytical skills. Must have sound judgment, strong multitasking abilities and the motivation and drive to help the Fleet Team reach its World Class Fleet goals.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead Fleet Sustainability Strategy and Reporting efforts in support of PepsiCo's Performance with Purpose 2025 goal of a 20% absolute reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Evaluation of financial impact and long term implications of new vehicle purchase options and specification level.
- Partner with Engineering and Operations team to develop robust annual reporting and short and long term forecasts of fuel usage and emissions reductions.
- Perform life cycle sustainability analysis on vehicle options and develop recommended asset purchase strategy.
- Work with Fleet Engineers to identify, model, develop, and implement fuel and greenhouse gas reduction technology.
- Examinations of new technology retrofit opportunities to existing delivery and over-the-road vehicles.
- Utilize expert analytic tools and skills to utilize significant data resources to improve modeling accuracy and support development of fuel reduction tactics.
- Provide technical leadership, support, and guidance on sustainability, vehicle design, and maintenance interval & maintenance process opportunities.
- Leverage automotive industry knowledge to provide technical support on field vehicle issues and concerns.
- Function as the Fleet liaison to the PepsiCo Office of Sustainability and Global Fleet Operations.
- Bachelor's Degree, Engineering, Information Technology, or related program with a strong analytics and data management foundation.
- Expert level skills in data management, analytics, DBA and related skills necessary to effectively report and analyze large amounts of data stored in distinct systems.
- Current relevant experience in the automotive industry.
- Knowledge and familiarity with emissions reporting requirements and regulations
- Knowledge and experience with current economic, regulatory, environmental, and technical headwinds faced by the automotive industry.
- Ability to reconcile and balance technical/vehicle performance and financial needs with sustainability strategy.
- Ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to influence other functions at all levels in the organization.
- Track record of critical thinking, creative solution generation, and application of analytical skills.
- Demonstration of project management and leadership.
- Knowledge and familiarity with product development cycles, testing and validation, and manufacturing concepts and practice.
- Knowledge of fleet and automotive industry, technology and operation.
- Understanding and demonstration of PepsiCo values and culture.
- Required Education/Professional experiences: Years: 3+
Degree: BS Engineering, Information Systems, other. MBA or advanced degree preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 113491BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.