Systems Engineer - Commercial Sales - 1201115
Location:Richfield, Ohio, US
Additional Location(s)Cleveland or Toledo, OH
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales
What You’ll Do
Do you want to be a Trusted Advisor that is an advocate for your customers? You will look to develop the technical relationship with your customers every day. Do you love technology? Then working as a Systems Engineer at Cisco will be like a kid in a candy store. Come be a Collaborator, a Consultant and a Visionary. You can be the Superhero that helps fix stuff!
Who You’ll Work With
The US Commercial vision is transforming business through the power of people and technology. Our Organization is focused on the US Mid Market, the 5th largest economy in the world, with a broad portfolio of small, medium and large customers across all vertical markets with the exception of public sector. US Commercial has grown consistently over the past 26 quarters with the support of a diverse set of partners and ecosystem. US Commercial has an incredible culture built upon Focused Execution, Technical Excellence, Teamwork and Fun!
Who You Are
You are a customer-focused technical sales professional who provides high level technical support and guidance to customers. You will collaborate with the Account Manager to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings. You will provide an architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio and leverage your technical specialization for specific opportunities. You act in a consultative fashion and are looked to as an expert, or trusted technical advisor, in your field by the account team and customer.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Engage customers face-to-face or via collaborative tools and technology such as WebEx, Telepresence, etc.
- 5+ years-related experience
- Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings
- Pre-Sales experience highly recommended.
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
- CCNP or CCDP Certification preferred
You will –
- Identify opportunities
- Participate in the creation of an overall account plan
- Participate in the creation of a technical account plan
- Proactively generate leads through customer meetings, seminars, and education
- Qualify opportunities
- Define customer business problem in a technical context
- Help plan for and move deals through the sales process by knowing how and when to engage the appropriate Cisco and partner tools and resources (such as CSE, PSS, AS Engineers, etc.)
- Define solution options and articulate the benefits of a Cisco solution
- Research and demonstrate solution ROI
- Coordinate solution development, including leveraging replicable architectures and researching customized solutions
- Develop proof of concept, including presentation and documentation of test results
- Develop or oversee development of presentation materials
- Present technical components of Cisco solutions to customer competencies
- Learn a broad-level of knowledge of the business economics and trends of the industries and vertical markets in which one’s customers conduct business, and how Cisco solutions add financial and strategic value
- Build relationships both within and outside of Cisco; establish credibility quickly through personal self-confidence
- Strong understanding of the customer business model and common financial pain points; ability to frame Cisco offerings in terms of business drivers
- Advanced understanding of Cisco vision and technology; articulate the vision from the customer perspective
- Understand customer business drivers and how to map these to a customer network platform
- Understand internetworking industry trends, including new products and solutions
- Understand competitive product and solution landscape
- Advanced knowledge in Routing & Switching
- Advanced knowledge in Networking Platform Design
- Excellent technical consulting skills, including ability to define trade-offs, ask probing questions, and incorporate Cisco solutions into a broader technology environment
- Proactively share information about common replicable architectures that are most appropriate for assigned customers
- The technical specialist SE has an in depth knowledge of their specialization and adjacent technologies including product, technology, and competitive information
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are Cisco.