The Home Depot is looking for a Talent Sourcing Specialist to join our growing Talent Acquisition team. The successful candidate is responsible for developing innovative and strategic methods to source, evaluate, and ultimately hire external talent into our industry leading organization. In addition, the Talent Sourcing Specialist will build talent pools and identify potential candidates by using cost-effective sourcing techniques to attract world class talent to compliment and enhance our thriving culture of hard-working Associates.
The Talent Sourcing Specialist will manage sourcing and recruitment for corporate positions across multiple business units and a myriad of skill sets. The Sourcing team also provides market research and key insights to educate business partners on industry trends in the talent market place. The Talent Sourcing Specialist will play an integral role in all external recruitment including exposure to executive search and niche skill sets. Lastly, the Talent Sourcing Specialist will exude The Home Depot's core values including our commitment to customer service and candidate experience.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 10% Ability to analyze and evaluate job descriptions, skills needed data and other information to determine courses of action.
- 10% Deep passion and expertise in sourcing for passive candidates using nontraditional tools.
- 20% Ability to research, gather market intelligence and talent landscape.
- 15% Ability to deliver results with little supervision and to effectively manage multiple projects and candidates.
- 30% Ability to meet standard measurements of success for staffing, such as annual hiring and pipeline conversion goals. Ability to understand, articulate and sell our culture and business initiatives. Demonstrated ability to deliver a balance of quality and quantity in candidate pipeline.
- 15% Out-of-the-box strategic thinking, sourcing skills, problem-solving, cross-group collaboration and oral/written/persuasive communication skills.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Position reports to Talent Acquisition Manager
- No direct responsibility for supervising others
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Environment: Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes which cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Travel: Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 3
- Most all of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Track record of results-oriented high performer, innovation, creativity, strong customer service and project management skills.
- Knowledge of information technology, including Microsoft Office suite and applicant tracking systems, as well as various methods of creative Internet sourcing (e.g., blogs, social and professional networking sites, Advanced Boolean search logic, search modifiers, Internet dating-mining techniques).
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and multi-tasking required
- Direct, cold-call sourcing experience highly preferred.
- High volume and niche sourcing in corporate and/or recruiting agency environment highly preferred.
- Ability and experience building and maturing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate ability in utilizing LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ and etc. to source talent.
- Source passive candidates through cold calling and various techniques.
- Proficiently navigate the internet and social media outlets to engage and acquire passive talent.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.