Team Lead Physician - OB/GYN - Las Vegas, NV(Job Number:660307)
Southwest Medical Associates (SMA) is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. SMA offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. SMA is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The Ob/Gyn Physician Team Lead (PTL) is a member of the department leadership team who provides leadership and direction to the physicians, Advance Practice Clinicians and staff (team members) while working closely with the clinic administrator and Senior Medical Director. The PTL is responsible for execution on the departmental X Matrix and Project charters. The PTL continues to have clinical responsibilities in addition to their administrative role.
- Provides diagnosis, treatment, therapy and management of patient’s according to current standards of care utilizing best practices recommendation.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly KPI glide paths and implements necessary improvements to ensure the goals are being achieved.
- Implements organization specific initiatives including ACE, STAR and HEIDIS to ensure the processes and procedures are in line with the approved business model.
- Ensures quality indicators are being met and continuously improved by participating in PI/QM programs. Outlines objectives for team members to ensure quality indicators are defined and understood in order to be achieved.
- Supervises team members including coordination of paid time off, on call schedule, meeting attendance and management of provider and staff issues to include coaching and mentoring. Partners with Operations leadership to ensure the success of the team within the division.
- Ensures team members are in compliance with SMA policies and procedures and serves as the liaison between Human Capital for SMA policy interpretation.
- Performs annual evaluations and participated in developing MAP and developmental goals for the team members as well as participates in leadership readiness and job expansion activities of assigned team members.
- Participates in various committees as assigned and disseminates information timely to all team members.
- Assists in team member recruiting and retention efforts by identifying clinic needs and developing a succession plan for team.
- Utilizes evidence-based care processes for cost effective and efficient use of lab, radiology and extended service providers including specialists other ancillary services.
- Accountable for team’s customer satisfaction scores, reviews and action plans.
- Develops and promotes organization’s culture in team members.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Primary Location US-NV-Las Vegas
Organization OptumCare NV
Number of Openings 2