Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
What You'll Do
You will be part of Cisco’s Corporate Strategy Office (CSO) team . They are responsible for fostering and capturing innovation 'wherever it is' in order to execute on our growth strategy. It is focused on identifying and enabling Cisco to capitalize on major technology disruptions, shaping and amplifying Cisco technology strategy through acquisitions, investments, and co-innovation with our partner ecosystem.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco's Corporate Strategic Innovation Group (CSIG) is part of CSO. Our team is at the forefront of identifying, incubating and capturing strategic value from disruptive technology & market trends and quickly transform them into sustainable market opportunities by working on co-creation projects with our customers and partners in the Cisco innovation centers.
Once a disruption has been identified we define a business case that will potentially lead to new revenue streams for Cisco. Subsequently, we validate the technology by doing proof-of-concepts together with customers, partners, startups, academia, and across various business units within Cisco.
Role & Responsibilities
In this role as a Technical Engineer at the Berlin innovation center, you will
● Work with customers, partners, academia, and startups in identifying and implementing the technology solutions for solving customer's business problems
● Translate customer's technology architecture matters to engineering development items by working with various engineering groups within relevant Business Units
● Develop new technical architectures for innovative projects and customer facing proof-of-concepts
Who You Are
● MSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent
● A minimum of 4 years’ experience in software development, cloud computing, IoT and knowledge of Cisco portfolio
● Knowledge in several of the following areas: security, operating systems, virtualization/Linux containers, artificial intelligence and networking
● Experience with docker ecosystem, microservices and machine learning will be considered a plus
● Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
● Candidate should be able to travel
● Innovation should be part of your DNA and the ambition to change the industry
● Exceptional communication, interpersonal, project management, and organizational skills
● Fluent in written and spoken English
● Being a hands-on person with the ability to code and build proof-of-concepts
● Entrepreneurial drive with demonstrated ability to achieve/stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment with shifting priorities and objectives
● Comfortable taking a position with imperfect or incomplete information
● Result oriented individual with high energy who wants to get the job done with integrity
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place to Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.