Technical Lead, Cloud Engineer
Location:Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Technical Lead, Cloud Engineer
What You'll Do
• Provide support for Production systems and services
• Deploy and manage infrastructures for compute and storage systems including private/public Clouds
• Measure application and system performance, and implementing monitoring/alerts
• Develop tools and automation to reduce cycle time and increase accuracy
• Ensure comprehensive data protection per established requirements
• Provide on-call support as the primary point of contact for service availability/support
Who You'll Work With
This highly visible position is responsible for driving the support of Cisco-Jasper's 24x7 production experience supporting a Linux based multi-tier infrastructure. This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic and fast growing IoT services firm that has a global footprint.
Who You Are
We are looking to hire a bright and passionate Technical Leader, Cloud Engineer to join our Operations team.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience managing mission-critical online services and monitoring of critical processes and functionality
• Operations tools hands-on experience (not just using but administering Linux servers and contributing to implementing/enhancing tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or SaltStack)
• Hands-on experience in a Linux environment, including Systems Administration, Scripting (Perl/BASH/Python) and supporting Internet Services such as HTTP (Tomcat)
• Strong familiarity with virtualization platforms such as KVM / VMware / Xen
• Experience in deployment and use of both SNMP-based (OpenNMS, etc.) and agent-based (Nagios/Icinga) alerting/monitoring tools
• Hands-on experience with AWS / Azure / OpenStack
• Knowledge of Cloud computing, Web App services, and production SaaS experience a plus
• Creative problem-solver, capable of self-direction
Cisco-Jasper has designed its industry-leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) IoT platform to enable companies of all sizes to rapidly and cost-effectively launch, manage and monetize IoT services on a global scale. When an enterprise evolves to embrace IoT, it transforms into much more than a product business. It becomes a service business, capable of automatically managing customers’ entire IoT service lifecycle, delivering increased customer value and unlocking new sources of revenue. More than 3,500 companies, including many of the world’s top brands, choose Cisco-Jasper to fast-track their IoT services.
The recent acquisition of Jasper will allow Cisco to offer a complete IoT solution that is interoperable across devices and works with IoT service providers, application developers and an ecosystem of partners. By combining forces, Cisco-Jasper is well positioned to leverage its existing strength in the IoT space and provide enterprise customers a broad suite of IoT services such as enterprise Wi-Fi, Fog computing, security for connected devices, and advanced analytics to better manage device usage.
Our enterprise customers span Connected Car, Connected Home, tablets, smart meters, medical devices, connected construction equipment, plus thousands more devices from iPhones and Kindles to dog trackers. Right at the crux of these varied deployments lie our Device Lifecycle Management capabilities which provide enterprises a powerful mechanism to manage their devices in ways that make sense for their businesses.