Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What You'll Do
Lead the development of networking platforms and software for the emerging Internet of Things (IoT) market.
Who You'll Work With
The Internet of Things Systems and Software Group (IOTG) is responsible for Cisco's product portfolio for the emerging Internet of Things (IoT) market. The group develops variety of products suited for manufacturing, smart grid, transportation, physical security and embedded use-cases.
Internet of Things is a very large market transitions and one of the focus areas for Cisco. Work in this area provides for a technologically exciting journey and growth of the area presents rewarding career path.
For detailed information on IOTG product portfolio, please visit .
Who You Are
Creative and talented engineers with experience in developing high-quality networking products on schedule, with strong communication and collaboration skills, and a passion for innovation. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing new features and products, as well as maintaining existing features and products.
IOTG requires a Technical Leader to lead the development of networking platforms and software for the emerging Internet of Things (IoT) market. We require Expertise in LAN and WAN technologies
- Excellent C/C++ programming experience
- Network Operating System experience, preferably IOS or IOS-XE
- Experience with merchant silicon or proprietary switching/routing ASICs, or SoCs
- Exposure to product life cycle and tools
- Customer experience: Reproduction and debugging of customer issues, handling of field queries
- Good communication skills and ability to convince others
- Ability to work with a cross-functional and geographically diverse team is expected.
- Experience in bios, bootloaders and device drivers and would be preferred.
- Experience in Linux, CPU architectures, virtualization and Linux device drivers would be a plus
- Solve problems creatively and multi-task in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment.
- Experience with standardization such as working in IETF would be a bonus.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.