Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Security, Software Development, Testing
What You'll Do
- Define, architect, design, and deliver new software features for NGFW.
- Contribute to functional specifications and product roadmap
- Collaborate with product owners, architects, UI designers and executive team in defining and prioritizing work for agile teams.
- Proactively bring up issues and find solutions
- Evangelize Cisco Security products in front of partners and customers
- Work with customers, sales teams, understand use cases and translate that into product roadmap
- Watch industry trends and translate that into product roadmap, architecture mentor engineers & provide guidance and architectural direction to junior members of the team.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco is leading the disruption in security market. Our team works on Cisco Firepower Threat Defense, first threat focused next generation firewall in the industry. This products combines the best from 2 world class products, Cisco ASA firewall and Snort. You will be working with most enthusiatic, talented and innovative people in the industry. This is a unique opportunity to join this disruptive team and pave the way for a secure world.
Who You Are
- Well rounded expertise ranging from usability to efficient packet processing
- Embedded systems software/firmware development for networking
- Linux, Networking protocols, including L2 Ethernet switching and TCP/IP
- Experience in C, C++ and other modern programming languages/technologies
- Strong problem solving and software development/troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation
- Experience in agile development methodologies, scaled agile, and post-production processes
- Strong self-motivation for solving problems and innovating with furious intent to improve the customer experience
- Network security knowledge is a big plus.
- Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 10 plus years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 12 plus years related experience
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
#We Are Cisco
Apply on the Company Site