Technical Marketing Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking
The Enterprise Networking Group delivers market leading products in switching, routing and wireless. This award winning portfolio is the largest contributor to Cisco's overall market leadership position. The Unified Access portfolio has seen a record growth and Cisco continues to innovate in this space with a customer first approach.
The Technical Marketing Engineer position is ideal for a highly motivated, high energy, passionate individual with strong technical marketing, customer, and hardware/software experience who is ready to work in a start-up like environment to ensure Cisco’s success in this fast growing India market.
* Working on the Cisco DNA Center
• Providing sales support for key wireless opportunities
• Defining and implementing reference architectures to include Cisco and partner technologies.
• Creating demos to highlight the key values of the product to help market penetration of new features and technologies.
• Working in the lab and field with client partners for solution creation
• Provide sales and Cisco partners with wireless product and solution differentiation
- Work with GTM Product Managers to define and validate product solutions with local development partners
• Lead outbound activities like customer and field engagements
- Enabling partners via technical workshops, handson training on Cisco's products and solutions
• Present during conferences and seminars to provide guidance and education on new products, new technologies, market transition etc. This person should be capable of speaking at User Group events, industry events, etc. and feel comfortable talking to different types of audience
Skill and Requirements
• BE/B. Tech or equivalent with 8-10 years of related work experience. Candidates with prior Technical Marketing experience preferred
• In-depth understanding of Networking with expertise in wireless LAN architecture and products
- In depth understanding of wireless technologies and standards
- Experience with RF planning is a plus
- . Hands on experience with wireless product required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must have experience dealing with high intensity customer and competitive situations
• Ability to effectively communicate to both engineers, sales team and customers including CIOs, CXO etc. Flexibility to adapt his discussion based on audience and personalities.