Technical Product Manager - Newtown Square, PA(Job Number:706620)
Be a driver of change and run part of the marketing machine at Optum. Optum is part of UnitedHealth Group and a key leader across most major segments of the U.S. health care system. For you, that means working on high performance, elite teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Technical Product Manager defines the technical product strategy and is responsible for managing and meeting the needs defined by Business Product Managers.
The Technical Product Manager (TPM) role is responsible for product management activities of multiple technology products within a portfolio. These activities include working closely with multiple Business Product Managers (BPM) and business partners to develop a strategic vision for technology product offerings and effectively managing all aspects of strategic planning / road mapping, cross-market business case development, product prioritization, product pricing, and product launch to meet the organization’s goals and market needs. The role reports into Optum Solutions & Technology Engineering Department for Executive Health Resources.
The TPM integrates the activities of product management, product development, marketing communications, services and consulting in the development, implementation and maintenance of products that align with the business strategy.
- Partner with technology product architects to develop new products, expand on existing solutions, and leverage existing products to define solutions
- Partner with business product managers and enterprise technology architects to create strategic product roadmaps
- Constantly collect and analyze performance data (e.g., market, financial, competitor, emerging and operational) in order to identify new opportunities for improvement and / or market differentiation
- Create and maintain the Product Requirements Document; ensure Business Analysts document all customer inputs
- Mentor Business Analysts in eliciting proper requirements and scope management
- Create risk assessment and risk mitigation plan
- Assess products and projects effectiveness both pre and post implementation
- Develop framework for proper documentation and handoff to support groups
- Along with BPM, facilitate a stakeholder review of the product portfolio
- Provide strategic direction and thought leadership to the agile product owners supporting sprint work streams
- Support sales activities (e.g., prospective client meetings, software demos)
Job Product Development & Mgmt
Primary Location US-PA-NEWTOWN SQUARE
Organization S&T - Product Development
Number of Openings 1