Technical Project Manager
Job Code: 386680
Job Location: Texas-El Paso
Prudential is excited to bring this new opportunity to the Borderland Region and will strive to continue building upon its 140 years of industry strength, expertise, and community impact. The El Paso facility is a new Business and Technology operations center in El Paso, Texas.
“With this new business, Prudential is continuing its commitment to provide training and employment to veterans, military service members and their families and people from diverse backgrounds.”
Prudential Financial, Inc. (Global Business and Technology Solutions – El Paso, Texas Office) is currently seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager.
This position requires an experienced Technical Project Manger to be part of a core team responsible for planning, managing, and implementation of multiple project/program initiatives’ across the organization.
As a key contributor to our core PMO’s, this role will be responsible for managing the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) from initiation through implementation, partners with project sponsors to define project objectives, scope, schedule, budget, allocation and coordination of resources, oversees the evaluation of business and system requirements, has direct accountability of key milestones, and management of critical risk/issue mitigation strategies.
- Minimum of 5 years of IT project/program management experience, including the implementation of multiple large scale projects
- Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) practices utilizing Waterfall methodology
- Demonstrate a strong ability to plan, manage and lead multiple, large scale IT projects from inception to successful implementation in a cross-functional environment
- Experience with forecasting, managing, and adhering to strict project/program budgets
- Proven ability to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and within scope
- Manage, maintain, and compile key documentation of all project related artifacts
- Proactively manage risks, issues, and change management processes for each assigned initiative
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels in a matrix environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate needs and schedules to IT, business, and other stakeholders, as well as ensure that plans are in place and adherence to established standards
- Proven track record of managing IT resources across all IT/Business communities of practice
- Excellent skills in using MS Office products: - Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and/or other Project Management tools
- Experience using Agile/Scrum preferred
- Experience working with virtual teams a plus
- Financial industry experience also a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline with an information technology focus, or equivalent work experience required
- Recognized Project Management Certification e.g. PMP Certification (Project Management Institute - PMI) / PRINCE2 Certification / Agile PM preferred
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Project Management