Technical Solutions Architect- EMEAR Digital Acceleration Team
Additional Location(s)United Kingdom, France, Italy
Area of InterestSales - Product
<b>What You'll Do</b>
The candidate will be a highly skilled technical sales professional responsible for providing architectural design expertise focused toward high value enterprise opportunities.
You will have an in-depth understanding of modern application architecture coupled with in-depth expertise in digital business transformation, cloud models, development techniques/methodologies, software programmability and integration.
Your domain expertise will have established you as a trusted architectural advisor enabling influence at an executive and key customer decision maker level. You will lead proof of concept/value and high level design engagements to build business relevant IT strategy leveraging integrated Cisco and third party IT software, solutions and services.
You will lead the adoption of the programmability/customization capabilities of Cisco’s data center software products leveraging API and third party capabilities to create competitive, customer relevant solutions. These will frequently include infrastructure, automation, PaaS, service catalogs, provisioning, orchestration, software defined and policy controlled components.
<b>Who You'll Work With</b>
Seen as a leader with expert knowledge in data center software solution and infrastructure domains, you will be providing guidance to account teams, business entities and partners while leading virtual teams to develop winning and innovative application driven business solutions and proposals for enterprise customers.
<b>Who You Are</b>
- A highly skilled customer-focused technical pre-sales professional who collaborates closely with and provides solution guidance and solution prototyping to multiple customers/partners
- Part of the EMEAR Data Center technical specialists team, collaborates with Cisco and Partner account teams, Cisco in country DC specialist teams, services, business units, engineering, product marketing and Cisco Customer Experience teams on opportunities and coordinates additional resources as required
- Focused on application software based solution development across Enterprise and Commercial customer segments
- Sell the value of Cisco's software capabilities, describe and articulate how suggested customizations could address customer requirements
- Play a leading role in RFx responses to understand and articulate points of integration within Cisco's solution and interfaces with external systems
- Drive a business outcome selling approach by consulting with customers to demonstrate how Cisco solutions can impact their business Drive adoption of the programmability/customization capabilities of Cisco products/offers
- Presents software programmable components of the solution to the customer, articulate integrated solution benefits emphasizing long-term benefits and value compared with competitive best-of-breed point products
- Create, develop and present new ideas on how the key strategic objectives of a customer can be met using Cisco capabilities
- Actively support peers and mentor others in how to effectively demonstrate developed code both internally and externally
- Through thought leadership and technical innovation simplify and solve problems demonstrating the ‘Cisco Magic’ to customers
- Demonstrate a deep technical background and an ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Leverages software programming skills, our products/APIs, and 3rd party products and capabilities to create customer relevant solutions
- Design and articulate prototype and proof of concept solutions aligned with our customer’s business needs (prototype application development / integration / demonstration)
- Spend 25% - 50% of time directly with customers – split between up front collaboration on desired solution capabilities and design, integration, and demonstration of prototype applications
Mandatory Technical Requirements:
Strong software development skills (a computer science degree or equivalent knowledge)
Experience in modern application development environments and with tools/methodologies i.e. Agile, Scrum, CI/CD and DevOps software build and management
Understanding of Application Programming Interfaces (e.g., REST, NETCONF, etc.), Data Center relevant tools and SDKs
Advanced infrastructure and virtualization familiarity, hypervisors, OpenStack, Linux, Containers, Micro Services
Expert knowledge of virtualization and cloud delivery technology/solutions/offers
Advanced understanding of one or more public cloud solutions i.e. AWS, Azure, Rackspace, Softlayer including integration capabilities, service offerings and programmable functionality
Deep knowledge of software/application development and programmable capabilities of one or more Cisco Data Center product offers
Good understanding of physical and virtual networking technologies and services
Advanced understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 Networking
Advanced understanding of Cisco Data Center product portfolio, solutions and services
Direct experience developing network management applications Proficiency in the use of Cisco lab and demo capabilities (DevNet, dCloud) to effectively demonstrate solutions, code, scripting, workflows, service graphs etc. internally and externally and share best practice
Experience developing/customizing end user applications, which leverage network capabilities and/or data
Familiarity with customer business models (e.g., NSPs, Content and Media, Web, etc.)
Advanced awareness of current customer market dynamics and trends (threats and opportunities)
Advanced knowledge of relevant data centre competitor products and technologies plus competitor specific applications, how they compare to Cisco’s
Compute, storage and data center networking technologies relevant to emerging trends in cloud computing, converged and hyper converged infrastructure
Deep IaaS, SaaS, PaaS concepts and architecture knowledge
Expert knowledge of software development principles LEAN/Agile/CI/CD
Software development tools and configuration management, IDE, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
Distributed architectures: JEE, SOA, AWS services
Data virtualization, analytics, big data/hadoop concepts
Focus on enabling business outcomes consulting with customers to cover how Cisco solutions can impact their business
Strong multi-level communication (written and verbal) skills, ability to both communicate and present complexity in a simple way and adapt appropriately for a diverse audience
Advanced listening, collaboration and consulting skills, great presentation skills
Natural story builder and teller with a proven track record of communicating and influencing at an executive level, social media contributor
Ability to capture and clearly define functional requirements plus deliver creativity in designing solutions to problems/opportunities leveraging existing capabilities
Understand the concepts of a customer’s architecture definition and its relationship with a technology and investment strategy
Expert level customer presence/credibility and influence with an ability to demonstrate influence with technical and business leaders internally and externally and across functions
Ability to co-ordinate, collaborate and influence teams in a matrix organization, direct, virtual and supplier/partner in delivering required objectives
Agile mindset, motivated by delivering working software, collaborating, removing friction and embracing change
A positive, can-do and pragmatic approach to challenges and complexity plus a willingness to learn, un-learn and re-learn
Ability to challenge others in a constructive way to help transform and innovate
Desired character traits: adaptability, diligence, enthusiasm, passion, resilience, determination
Fluent in English, verbal and written
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.