What You'll Do
Is technology your passion? Do you want to work for a company where you can see your ideas come to life? Do you want to consistently work with industry leaders and knowledge experts that will help shape your future and career? Do you want a company that has excellent benefits, strong employee programs, and an awesome PTO policy right from the start? Then look no further than Cisco!! Cisco is evolving a rich solution portfolio of next generation software, hardware, and services to meet our customers' changing business requirements in the digital economy. Cisco is looking for Technology Solution Architect (TSA) candidates who are passionate about solving business problems with technology and leading digitization success with our customers. As a TSA at Cisco, you will be responsible for understanding our customers' business objectives and mapping Cisco's technology capabilities to them in a way that achieves architectural leverage while driving business impact. The Data Center TSA will have in-depth knowledge of Data Center and Cloud technologies to amplify and complete solutions across the I.T. spectrum. The Data Center TSA will be responsible for consulting with Cisco, customer, and partner leaders to establish architectural designs and operational models to meet customer requirements. Key responsibilities include:
* Conducting design sessions for individual customer opportunities, workshops, and internal audiences
* Collaborating with and mentoring field pre-sales System Engineers in their role as architecture sellers
* Completing outcome-based architecture documentation including reference architecture designs, Executive Level artifacts, I.T. architecture capabilities, etc.
* Consulting with client\customer leaders on their internal presentations and presenting to C-level executives
* Speaking at demand generation events, industry events, etc.
* Interlocking with Cisco Business Units and Product Groups to drive collaboration with field sales and customers on product roadmaps, feature requirements, etc.
* Assisting Cisco channel partners with architectural selling enablement
Who You'll Work With
This TSA role is part of the Systems Engineering pre-sales team that partners with DC Product Sales Specialist, DC Consulting Engineers, and direct account teams to lead selling motions with customers. We work with Cisco specialists\teams, customers and partners to ensure the best possible solution. Our SEs have been in roles from 1 year to 15 years or more and support and empower each other. We have a wide range of interests outside of work, but we all love technology and solving customer problems!
Who You Are
You are passionate about the customer experience and excited about new technology. You are a true team player and love to learn. You have:
* 10 years IT consulting and\or pre-sales SE experience across multiple industries
* Industry leading certifications (CCIE, CISSP, etc)
* Proven examples of executive deliverables
* BS\BA degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
* Executive presence and ability to speak in front of large groups
* Operational experience in areas of IT solution design, interoperability, etc
* Ideal candidates have a foundation in security technologies
The candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience with Data Center and Virtualization Technologies, Solutions and Architectures. Extensive experience selling Data Center and Virtualization technologies at the engineering level through the CxO level.
Expertise and knowledge of:
Networking Protocols, design and products: Ethernet, IP, switching, routing, spanning tree, OTV, LISP, FabricPath, etc.
Storage networking protocols: Fibre Channel, iSCSI, NFS/CiFS, storage multi-pathing
X86 hardware solutions. Rack and blade server solutions from HP, IBM, Dell
Firewalls/IPS, load balancers, WAN optimization,
VMware: ESXi, vSwitch operations, SRM (site recovery manager), View, vCloud
Data Center facilities: power/cooling/cabling.
Disaster recovery solutions: backup/recovery, mirroring, active/standby, active/active
High availability architectures and clustering solutions (Oracle RAC, Veritas, et al.)
Applications: SAP, Microsoft, & Oracle suites primarily. RISC, mid-range, mainframe platforms
Virtualization: Hypervisors, server and desktop virtualization
Databases: Oracle, SQL, data warehousing/analytics solutions
Middleware: Websphere, Weblogic, JBOSS, etc.
EMC, NetApp technologies and solutions primarily (Vblocks, FlexPods)
Competitive offerings from HP, Juniper, Brocade, Riverbed, IBM, Dell, Arista, etc.
Client Desktops options and offerings (Windows, Citrix)
Public and Private Cloud offerings and ecosystems
Cisco: Source Fire, ASA, AnyConnect, TrustSec
Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team. Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills. Ability to train and disseminate information within an Area or Operation.
Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.
8+ years related experience.
Cisco experience required.
Cisco product and end-to-end positioning required.
Competitive product experience required (HP, Juniper, Brocade, Riverbed, IBM, Dell, Arista).
Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent. CCIE certification highly desirable and/or preferred.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.