Temporary- Supply Chain Analyst
JobTitle: Temporary- Supply Chain Analyst
- Minimum of 20hrs up through 40hrs of work throughout the week.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation
Supports Supply Chain Services projects through supplier phone calls. Utilizes transportation management systems (for example, RFR, RetailLink) and other resources (for example, carrier routing guides); coordinating with team members to find alternative solutions; and elevating exceptions to supervisor or manager.
Troubleshoots problems and exceptions by researching the root cause of issues and reporting exceptions to the appropriate party.
Provides customer service for internal customers, suppliers and carriers by providing education on Walmart policies; gathering all pertinent information from carriers, suppliers, replenishment, store planning, marketing; entering the information into the transportation system.
Develops and expands skills and knowledge of all processes within department by pursuing cross training and taking classes; sharing knowledge and experiences with peers; and participating occasionally to validate new functionality in systems.
Completes work assignments and priorities in transportation by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Judgment: Make Effective Choices
- Uses policies, procedures, and/or guides to make good choices. Uses data and facts in order to make day-today decisions and involves others as needed. Recognizes what might be a problem and informs those who can correct it.
Execution and Results: Get Results
- Ensures work is done correctly. Works on top priorities first. Makes a consistent effort to get results. Meets deadlines. Takes action in order to solve problems so work can be completed in a timely manner.
Influence and Communicate: Share Information
- Listens to others and asks questions to learn about what is needed. Communicates the right information to associates and leaders when they need it. Communicates in a respectful and professional manner.
Ethics and Compliance: Perform to Ethical Standards
- Follows company policies and procedures. Shows integrity and ethical behavior in all work situations. Reports ethical and compliance issues promptly.
- Adapts to changing work demands. Stays focused on own work when faced with change or difficulties. Stays open to and learns from assignments and feedback.
Time Management: Manage calendar – Able to work through busy schedules while conducting supplier calls. Ability to complete work in time allotted while alerting management when deadlines will be missed.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
Visually verifies information, often in small print.
Reads information, often in small print.
Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
Observes associate, customer/member, or supplier behavior.
Enters and locates information on computer.
Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Friday (8:00am
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Today, nearly 260 million customers visit our more than 11,500 stores under 72 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce sites in 11 countries each week. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482.1 billion, Walmart employs 2.3 million associates worldwide – 1.5 million in the U.S. alone. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.