Location:Nuremberg, Bayern, Germany
Area of InterestBusiness Strategy and Operations
What You'll Do
The High Speed Optics Team is looking for an Engineer with a background in communication engineering at our location in Nuremberg to strengthen our System Test team. The High Speed Optics Team is developing subsystems for high-speed optical networking applications in Cisco’s optical transmission and routing products. The current product portfolio includes advanced 40Gbps, 100Gbps and 400Gbps coherent transponders for Metropolitan, Regional and Long Haul optical DWDM systems.
· Work with Architecture Design team to understand product requirements
· Creation of test procedures and test environment to verify product requirements
· Execution of system test for coherent transmission in telecommunication environment with automated test scripts in a proprietary scripting language and python
· Implementation of new tests setups for manual and automated measurements of optical and electrical parameters on optical transmission systems
· Initial operation and debugging of devices under test
· Analysis of test results in semi-automated environment
· Documentation and Validation of the test setups
Who You'll Work With
Our team is developing advanced optical transmission products for Cisco's transport, routing and switching platform portfolio. The High-Speed Optics team is responsible for design, integration and test of line-side coherent DWDM electro-optical interfaces. You have a unique opportunity to join this highly innovative and diligent engineering team and push the envelope for the next generation of high performing optical transmission systems.
Who You Are
You've got strong experience in testing sub-systems and components in the optical transmission space. You have knowledge on photonic principles, on analogue and digital circuit design. You have good analytic and decision making skills. Your strong communication skills help you influence others.
· Master degree in electrical engineering or applied physics
· Strong background in communication engineering
· Knowledge in modern modulation formats, forward error correction and signal processing
· Good understanding of optical transmission systems
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.