The NOC Engineer
Location:Alpharetta, Georgia, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
The NOC Engineer
· Providing 24/7 surveillance and support for internal departments and external customers to troubleshoot problematic systems or trends
· Providing a leadership role in resolving service impacting issues.
· Coaching and mentoring other staff members as needed to ensure personnel are working issues as efficiently and accurately as possible in a team oriented professional culture.
· Meet very aggressive network availability, MTTR, and ticket handling objectives while providing hands-on leadership during network events and or incidents.
· Helping collect network data to validate assumptions.
· Providing real-time communication internally and externally.
· Fully automated unit tests as per Jasper Software Standards
· Working with wireless carrier partners to help identify interactions between their network, the Jasper network, and customers’ devices.
· Self-starter with the potential to collaborate directly with designers, developers, program managers and network quality testers.
· Passionate about customer service and 'right the first time' principles.
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of relevant work experience.
· Working knowledge of Linux/UNIX system infrastructure.
· Understanding of DNS, CDN and application load balancing fundamentals.
· Experience with Web Framework, Data API and F5 experience a plus.
· Working knowledge of SQL like databases desired.
· Experience in a SaaS or hosted application service provider environment.
· Scripting and automation skills to address recurring tasks, specifically Python, PERL, or JAVA.
· Strong analytical, communication, and customer interfacing skills.
· In-depth knowledge of algorithms, core software technologies, including server-side programming, and large-scale distributed systems.
· Effective in working with strong technical teams across the company with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Must be self-motivated with the ambition to problem-solve, learn and create one’s own mechanisms for resolving issues and most importantly, communicate effectively with the ability to work in a team environment.
· Basic working knowledge of scripting languages and configuration files.
· Must be able to work independently.
· Have very strong skills in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and problem resolution.
· Limited Travel as needed.