Job Title: Transport Coordinator
Location: Munster, IN
Category: Administrative Support
This individual will primarily be responsible for transportation dispatching duties. This role requires strong attendance history, effective problem solving, and the ability to work closely with the supply and warehouse teams, and other administrators, to ensure service and out of stock metrics are met and/or exceeded. This individual will also be responsible for other administrative duties within the Transport department.
Other Key Accountabilities:
- Route orders daily in compliance with the transportation route guide, ensuring timely execution to meet the requested ship date and secure carrier capacity.
- Operate the Transportation Management System (TMS) to route orders and to ensure loads are properly scheduled.
- Work with supply, warehouse teams, and transport supervisor on dock capacity scheduling.
- Work with drop carriers to maintain trailer pool.
- Work with carrier customer service reps on scheduling issues.
- Review previous day's dock schedule to ensure all orders shipped, if not, re-schedule
- Advise shipping office of any special shipping requirements
- All other duties as assigned.
|Position Level Qualifications/Requirements|
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Possess or gain a full understanding of current DOT Hours of Service regulations
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Dispatcher experience strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of Business, Logistics/Transportation or Supply Chain experience.
- Ability to navigate and perform work in NIS and TMS.
- Trained in PeopleNet Fleet Manager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 112537BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.