Transportation Manager (Care Manager) - St. Louis, MO(Job Number:703949)
At UHC, our focus is on helping people live healthier lives. As we work to better serve all populations, we have identified a need to look beyond the traditional path of member services. MyConnections’ mission is to transform the UnitedHealthcare Community & State business by expanding from Medicaid into the balance of government assistance programs for the poor. Our commitment to innovation has lead us to even more new ideas and an interest in better understanding how we can work in communities to help drive real change.
As a Mobility Manager, you will work one-on-one with individuals to identify the best transportation services for their needs, in order to enhance access to important community resources, job, housing, medical appointments and other social services. To do this, you will leverage your knowledge of available transportation resources and your relationships with community partners.
In your field, learning never stops. And neither do you. You are continually pushing yourself to reach higher and go further. To do everything you can to ensure a positive outcome for our patients. Staying on top of your game and persevering in the face of challenge will be a big part of your success. And at every turn, you'll have the support of an elite and dynamic team. Join us in this role and you will use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients, while doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Primary role is to assess consumer mobility needs and coordinate ride options, using knowledge of local transportation resources and national best practices in mobility management as well as relevant UnitedHealthcare services
- Develop personalized transportation plan and coordinate between consumer and the transportation resources being accessed (typically, local organizations providing services) to understand underlying community capacity in real time and ensure open lines of communication
- Gather and analyze data to evaluate effectiveness of mobility options for program participants to include persons with disabilities, behavioral/mental health, under-resourced, older adults, and others who are transportation disadvantaged in order to build the most efficient and cost effective option possible
- Build and maintain relationships with public transit agencies, human service agencies, volunteer driving programs and community partners that provide transportation or are part of the local coordinated transportation plan.
- Develop strategies for seeking key local transportation partnerships and grant opportunities in support of program activities
- Coordinate with UHC Community Plan or State Medicaid Transportation (NEMT) Broker regarding non-emergency medical transportation for members
- Participate in a mobility managers group if your regional planning agency or Area Agency on Aging convenes one
- Act as an advocate and subject matter expert for transportation solutions in the service area
- Provide travel training if not available from a local partner
- Support myC’s network team to identify new partners and bring them onboard
Job Clinical Services Operations
Primary Location US-MO-St. Louis
Organization C&S Exec HP Operations
Number of Openings 1