Location:Austin, Texas, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
The Threat Grid UI Team is looking for an experienced UI/UX Developer to help define and build the front end of our Malware Analysis and Threat Content platform. You’ll have visibility and opportunity at every step of the user experience design and UI development processes and should be comfortable with a wide range of responsibilities from leading requirements gathering efforts to implementing front-end components using modern web application technologies.
Who You'll Work With
You will work closely with Product Management, Engineering, QA, the Research & Efficacy team, and other key stakeholders to improve the user experience of the product. The Threat Grid UI team is looking for a candidate that is:
- Self-motivated by the challenges put in front of them
- Able to take charge of UI initiatives from requirements to implementation while taking into account the objectives of users and leveraging the skillsets of product owners, designers, developers, and QA
- Passionate about investigating new trends, techniques, and technologies and using them to keep Threat Grid on the leading edge
- Interested in building strong relationships by working collaboratively with other talented members of the team
- Comfortable working with deadlines and milestones
What You'll Do
As a member of Threat Grid’s UI team, you will:
- Work with API services and other back-end teams to ensure that UI dependencies are communicated, understood, tested, and delivered
- Work with UX Designers and Product Owners to translate requirements into UI for new and existing feature sets
- Help define user requirements, build interactive prototypes, and assist with UAT.
- Define best practices for a unified style and set of interaction patterns that encompass the entirety of the Threat Grid UI
We’re looking for a team member that has:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in developing web-based user interfaces for enterprise-grade applications
- Extensive experience with modern Web UI libraries and SPA frameworks such as React, jQuery, and Bootstrap
- Proven experience with developing cross-browser, responsive web applications
- Demonstrated UX sensibilities and a solid understanding of the UI design process for creating intuitive workflows within complex systems
- Experience with contemporary development tools such as Git, continuous integration, Webpack/Gulp, Mocha/Jasmine/Jest, etc.
- Strong communication skills—the ability to present your ideas succinctly and the willingness to engage in constructive debate
- We’d love to see your work. Please provide a link to your public work on GitHub or applications you’ve built.
- Clojure/ClojureScript and ClojureScript React library experience
- Experience in SPA performance engineering
- Experience with data visualization libraries like D3.js
- Experience in optimization of UI for mobile, tablet and other touch-based devices.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.