At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We have been named one of the world's most innovative companies and we are on a mission to provide the world’s best interconnected shopping experience. To do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about re-imagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
UX Designers translate user feedback, data and business goals into intuitive designs that focus on optimal customer experience. The UX Designer will work closely with web developers to create web pages that are user friendly. Someone in this position is a problem solver and enjoys the challenge of translating big ideas into adaptable designs across desktop, tablet and mobile platforms. The UX Designer will create designs that fit into the overall vision of the site, while also using creativity to push the boundaries of UX. We are seeking designers that are passionate about concepting, creating, and getting designs live on a site that has millions of page views a day.
We are the Digital Experience team for Home Depot. We carved out our own design studio among the pines and hills of Atlanta, one of the country’s top cities, and created a culture to build the best mobile and web experiences in the industry. Home Depot’s online team combines a broad range of creative talent including visual & interaction design, information architecture, content strategy, media production, and analytics. We’re creating the future on online and mobile retail and have the resources of a Fortune 50 company to back it up. What’s not to like?
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
Nature and Scope:
- 60% Translate wireframes into comps, storyboards, experience prototypes
- 30% Responsible for developing and communicating industry-leading creative concepts while balancing strategic development with online business objectives
- 10% Provide quality assurance of all creative deliverables
Environmental Job Requirements:
- Position reports to the Sr. UX Manager
- No direct reports
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Mastery of all the latest design tools, platforms, and versions of applicable software programs: Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other design tools).
- Demonstrated user experience design skills with expert knowledge of current design programs
- Working knowledge of experience design tools irise, viso, axure, omnigraffel
- Understand W3C standards as well as browser-specific bugs and variations, in IE, Mozilla and Safari
- Understanding of browser display differences on different platforms
- Demonstrated experience in designing creative and web pages for e-commerce websites
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to concept, present and execute. Act as an exemplary representative of the online experience team in its dealings with internal clients and external vendors with the ability to interact comfortably with executives at highest levels of the Company.
- Provide strong client management skills with flawless follow-up.
- Provide creative solutions consistent with industry trends, demonstrating ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to translate complex information into easy-to-understand designs and visual elements.
- Proven ability working in fast paced environment with shifting priorities while managing tactical deliverables and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strong rapport with teammates, and stakeholders from multiple business groups.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.