Vice President & Actuary (Annuities)
Job Code: 395838
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Prudential Financial, Inc. is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
For more information, please visit http://www.prudential.com/.
This position will play a key leadership role in GAAP financial reporting and analysis within Prudential Annuities’ actuarial valuation team.
· Lead 10-15 person actuarial team responsible for GAAP financial reporting for Prudential Annuities product lines.
· Production of Quarterly and Year-end GAAP financial statements.
· Lead the development of succinct analysis of results and directly engage with management to explain technical results to non-technical audiences and share insights.
· Implement and maintain effective financial reporting processes, infrastructure, and controls to ensure accurate and timely delivery of quality results.
· Lead GAAP financial reporting audits/examinations.
· Develop and implement effective GAAP financial reporting processes to support new products and new business implementation.
Strategic Direction and Influence
· Partner with actuarial peers to influence and respond to evolving regulatory frameworks and develop required infrastructure and reporting processes.
· Directly engage with internal partners, external auditors and with senior management on key GAAP financial reporting issues.
· Oversee and participate in product development and transaction from reporting perspective to ensure appropriate valuation and reporting frameworks are applied and implemented.
· Continuously improve actuarial talent, raising the performance bar, and motivating and inspiring team to high performance and full potential.
· Strategically contribute to the Annuities actuarial team, driving a high performance climate across actuarial and contributing to enterprise initiatives.
· FSA, MAAA with 9 years of actuarial expertise including leadership of valuation and financial reporting functions.
· Deep knowledge of GAAP reporting and accounting principles and concepts related to actuarial items, preferably pertaining to Variable Annuities with Living Benefit Guarantees.
· Superior technical and analytical expertise in actuarial valuation and financial reporting; ability to oversee complex actuarial work in reserving and financial reporting, and independently guide, evaluate and resolve all technical elements in partnership with finance and corporate teams.
· Proven leadership acumen: vision, passion, and ability to lead change, motivate and strengthen talent; facilitate collaborative efforts to improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
· Ability to collaborate and influence across Annuities actuarial teams, corporate actuarial, finance/controllers teams, internal and external auditors, corporate partners, and communicate effectively with business leaders.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills; ability to communicate results and influence at senior management level.
· Strategic thinker and problem solver on emerging valuation and financial reporting issues: ability to research, interpret and apply appropriate methodologies for reserves and other actuarial items consistent with GAAP financial reporting principles and in compliance with company standards.
· Collaborative and team-oriented leadership style; proven ability to lead actuarial teams.
· Knowledge of Variable Annuities with Living Benefit Guarantees products is highly desirable.
· Knowledge of GGY Axis is a plus.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Actuarial